G1 Transformers MMORPG.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by gamer, Dec 3, 2006.

1. gamer

gamer Well-Known Member

is this game going to get made?

2. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

...was it supposed to? First I ever heard of it.

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    riiiight. only TF game being made right now is the one tied to the upcoming movie, and its not due out till August I think. Its not be said what genre it falls under, in fact I don't think there's been any details released about it other than it being based off the live movie.

4. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

god i hope not. :lol 

i'm sick of MMORPG's, now if they make it a first person shooter like shogo and i will be all on it. heck any first person shooter giant transformable robot game i'd love.

5. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    No, it's not. No, it will never be. It's just not feasible. The sheer amount of content that would be required to make a decent tf MMO is nearly impossible. On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised to someday see something similar to the Armada game get made with online multi player modes similar to Splinter Cell.

6. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I always thought that Beast Machines could result in some good TF games - I think it's one of the only TF series that already has plenty of drones to fight (without having to make them up like the BW or Armada game). Or it could work as a kind of RTS - building up huge squads of Vehicons to hunt down Maximals.

7. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

A TF MMORPG with todays tech, are you mad? If it were made to day it would either be damn limited or suck so bad as to SWG look like a master peace, 5 or 10 years down the line then maybe, I mean today we would be luck to have about 6 different TF with slight alteration and just in different colors.

8. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree an MMORPG with today's tech just isn't visible... while the idea intrigues me I have to say that we'll probably never see anything of the like simply because of the sheer amount of content that would need to go into it.

9. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

I'll have some of what he's having!

10. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Dunno about an official Transformers MMORPG, but I might see a 'transforming robot' MMORPG getting made, depending on how they handled the play angle.

Of course MMORPG sink or swim very quickly... the market only seems to have room for a couple of big games. I don't think transforming robots has as broad an appeal as medieval fantasy or straight sci-fi. If a giant robot MMORPG were to succeed, it would probably have to be a gundam/macross/mechwarrior type thing, with human pilots, etc... going for a straight Transformers-style theme probably would be a bit awkward.

Beyond just having robots running around who can transform (not hard at all in terms of technology), what would the game really be about? How would you advance your character once you've designed it? How would disguised modes help you at all... would Earth be part of the game, with human cities and vehicles everywhere? How would the world work if the player population was all robots? And would it just end up as a cheesy cybersex arena for guys with fembot obsessions? :) 

Logistically, I don't think it would work very well as an MMORPG. I suspect and TF (or similar) games are destined to remain on console or maybe PC.

zmog

11. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

Easy, set it in the early days of the Great War on Cybertron. Bot customization should be pretty easy to do, its just alt modes that would need limiting, but even that shouldn't be too bad.

12. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

I want to see a TF RTS game, in the style of the older Warcraft or Command & Conquer games...moving and utilizing units to take a battlefield.