G1 Transformers DVD's

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by cj-kent, Nov 14, 2008.

1. cj-kent

cj-kent Member

Hello everyone. I'm new here and I'm sorry if this has already been talked about to death, but I need help and I was hoping to find some here. I've been looking for a good G1 DVD set and I'd rather not buy a homemade set as I'm not sure of the quality I'd get. I know that the popular one on the net is the Chinese Tin set, but I can't afford that. I've also seen a Malaysian set pop up here and there. The Rhino set is virtually impossible to get without auctioning a kidney, so I don't want to go that way. Can anyone tell me about this mysterious Malaysian set as to its quality? Also, I'm not opposed to a homemade set if someone can vouch for it's quality. Can anyone help???

2. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you're in the UK, or are able to play Region 2 DVDs, I highly recommend the Metrodome box sets (now also available as single volumes) as they are all really cheap at the moment! In addition to the US series 1-3 and the move, Metrodome have also released all the Japanese G1 series as well if you ever wanted to check 'em out.

3. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    I don't know what the heck happened with the Chinese Tin Set, it used to be dirt cheap on Ebay a few years back. I bought mine from a Ebay seller in China for about $30 or so with free shipping a couple of years ago.

Maybe the price has risen so much because the supply has gotten low now?

4. cj-kent

cj-kent Member

Thanks for the help. I'm hoping to snag the 15 disc chinese set. It's gotten more expensive. I don't ever see them at the price everyone else seems to have gotten at. Any thoughts on the malaysian set?

5. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    eh im still trying to get the rino ones need season 2.1 and need season 3 and 4 and then ill have all of them.

6. wenerdz

wenerdz Optimus Prime

G2

What about g2??????????????

7. OdeeanRDeathshead

OdeeanRDeathshead Infiltrator

I bought these TRANSFORMERS - MADMAN ENTERTAINMENT . I store my content on a pc attached to my TV so I ripped them, this was made more difficult because the encoding was interlaced. I do not know if there are any versions out there that have a progressive source. Anyway, the quality is good and its every episode.

8. Funky Munky

Funky Munky G.I. Formers & Trans-Joe TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Aren't these Japanese G1s the most violent of them all? Someone lead me to a clip where Soundwave gets an arm dismembered by Blaster before dying.

9. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They certainly are...different. They brought back a lot of G1 characters that were forgotten in season 3 eg. Smokescreen, Hound, even Prowl... but the narrative is, shall we say, unique. Worth checking out a few eps though, if for no other reason than to form your own opinion.

10. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I was surprised to find season one of G1 across two DVDs for £1 each in Poundworld yesterday. Season one for only £2? Bargain. I already have the tin set, but these will make a cheap addition to my little niece's Christmas box. :) 

Just checked and Play.com have these DVDs for £4.99 each, so I'm even more pleased to have nabbed them for a quid apiece. :) 

11. Funky Munky

Funky Munky G.I. Formers & Trans-Joe TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    What is the name of the other series besides Victory?

There's no English dub available for US DVD format (NTSC) are there?