G1 Transformers Collection, Over 500 figures. Over 100 Sealed/MOC/MIB

Discussion in 'Items For Sale or Trade' started by TechLifter, Aug 28, 2008.

1. TechLifter

TechLifter Member

Ebay:
    So here's the nutshell version of the story:

I've been collecting the first generation of Transformers since I was a youngster (age 7 or so). At this point, I've collected hundreds of figures and a HUGE portion of them are sealed in their original boxes and cards (MISB / MOSC / MIB). The bulk of this collection exceeds 20 years old and I've taken painstaking effort to keep it in excellent condition, in a smoke-free environment.

Attached are a few photos of a significant portion of the collection, but by no means all of it. The only exceptions to the offer are 1 of the Fortress Maximumus (1 is already sold even though two are in the photo) and the sealed Dinobots (I'm keeping those).

Just a few of the highlights include:

* Sealed Bluestreak in a box that approaches perfection
    * MIB Mail-In Megatron in original mailer
    * MIB Mail-In Reflector in Original mailer
    * MIB Metroplex
    * MIB Skylynx
    * Sealed Doubledealer
    * Sealed Whirl
    * Sealed Constructicons
    * Sealed Combaticons (Bruticus)
    * Sealed G1 Cars
    * Sealed Predacons
    * Etc

As well as an opened version of nearly every American released Transformer from the G1 Series (1984-1990) so you can have an open and touchable version for everything that is sealed/mint-in-box.

There are far too many to list them all.

Now, to get the inevitable questions answered:

1.) What do you want for these?

I'm taking reasonable offers.

2.) No, seriously, what do you want for them?

Again, offers in the multi-thousand range will be considered.

Just last summer, a woman (Phoenix Lindgren) made her late husband's collection available on eBay and the starting bid was One Million dollars. ($1,000,000)

While offering no comparison to this woman or the sad circumstances of her late husband's death, I can say with no small amount of confidence that the set I'm offering is larger and does not include "licensed merchandise" that isn't an actual toy/robot/figure. Furthermore, it's unfortunate that those of us who followed the auction and its associated news coverage all had an inkling that the collection might not go for the requested price or that some thoughtless individual might end the auction with what turned out to be a bogus bid (which is exactly what happened).

I mention this woman's auction to save anyone the trouble of letting me know, should they feel it necessary to do so.

3.) I really like your collection, but I only want/need figure XYZ. Will you sell just that one?

No, I'm afraid the whole lot goes or not at all. No exceptions. If you wish to get together with a group of people to pool purchasing power and then divvy up the lot after the sale, that is certainly your prerogative and I wish you well for it.

4.) Do you have more pictures of figure XYZ? Can you send me additional photos of XYZ?

I have over 1,150 photos of just over half the collection (boxes from different angles) which total just over 6 GB of images. There is no way that I can email that many photos. I'm willing to be flexible with this, though, as I certainly don't intend to try and sell something you can't see. In fact, I insist that those with a demonstrable ability to purchase the collection view it first hand, so they may make an informed decision.

5.) Will you ship them?

I'm sure we can work something out.

So there you have it. If you have any questions, by all means, please send them my way. I'm more than happy to answer general questions about the collection, but specifics like "Does XYZ have a flap crease?" or "Is such-and-such complete?" will have to be saved for those who can demonstrate a legitimate interest in purchasing. I'm sure you understand that I'd be answering questions until my dying day, if it were otherwise.

A few pix in their display shelves at my last apartment:

http://images.craigslist.org/01150001020801030020080826024354c2b90c88b93a00e27f.jpg
    http://images.craigslist.org/0102080116020103092008082690900b518053c1681300da91.jpg
    http://images.craigslist.org/0115050102020116072008082638593e20a4f24fd33a0050a0.jpg
    http://images.craigslist.org/0101110116140103022008082652cd0ff11278714054005989.jpg

Some bigger pics: TFCollector.net - TechLifter's Collection - For Collectors and Collection Appreciators

-PJ

2. TechLifter

TechLifter Member

Ebay:
    BTW, I'm in Glendale, AZ for anyone in the area who'd like to peruse things firsthand

3. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    damn... wish i had a good amount of cash. very nice collection. good luck mate.

4. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

I have no intention of buying, but it's nice to know that there's a huge collection only ten minutes from my house ;-)

5. skyrinkfusion

skyrinkfusion Well-Known Member

im jealous :bowdown: 

6. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    Anyone else never get a response from this guy?

I guess he was just showing off?

7. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Very nice collection for sale, but it would be easier here if you part out the set. Good luck on your sales.

8. TechLifter

TechLifter Member

Ebay:
    Thank you very much, for the well-wishing.

9. TechLifter

TechLifter Member

Ebay:
    Hey DethPike,

Sorry to have kept you waiting for a response, but I was out of town for the Labor Day holiday, with my family. I've sent a response to your PM.

Again, apologies for keeping you waiting all weekend.

10. TechLifter

TechLifter Member

Ebay:

And...ouch.

11. TechLifter

TechLifter Member

Ebay:
    Thanks for the compliment and advice. It'd be easier to move most of the collection if I parted out the set, but way more work to coordinate who knows how many individual sales and shipments.

I'm completely content to move the whole collection together to one buyer or group of buyers or, failing to sell, packing everything back into the closet and breaking them out for occasional warm fuzzies.

-Perry

12. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    to bad you dont sell the stuff individually. You would probbaly get more if you did and get a whole lot more buyers.

13. TechLifter

TechLifter Member

Ebay:
    Oh, I don't doubt that at all. Selling stuff individually would almost certainly get a higher price tag.

14. TechLifter

TechLifter Member

Ebay:
    Some perspective/Status report

Thanks to everyone who has written in, so far. :) 

Since this isn't being run through eBay, there isn't a lot in the way of updates as far as the highest offer on the table, so I'll do my best to update by hand.

As of this afternoon, the highest offer (local buyer who's been by to see them) is $25,000.

-Perry

15. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    ;)  Wasn't meant to be harsh. It's a sweet collection ;)  I'd show it off, too.

16. maske2g

maske2g Active Member

As a new collector, reigniting a childhood passion, I am looking to buy in bulk, although obviously being in England, and that price tag would have its constraints.

Anyway, its great to see how much time has gone into collections like this and that there are people out there willing to pay such huge sums for a "bunch of toys"!!

Good luck and I hope you get what its worth.

17. TechLifter

TechLifter Member

Ebay:
    A few more shots, as requested

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Taken this afternoon before a visit. Didn't break out the loose figures or the Beast Wars (save for a handful)

18. TechLifter

TechLifter Member

Ebay:
    The Loose Part of the Collection

Since I had so many requests for pics and details on the loose portion of the collection, I spent part of the weekend getting things out and setting them up and I took a few shots. It's allowing me to get a good grip on completeness and condition, after being stored.

I'm still in the process of sorting accessories and stuff (you'll notice that many of them have rubber bands + baggies lashed to them), but I think the pics came out relatively well

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    wow ...and wow...and again wow.

20. TechLifter

TechLifter Member

Ebay: