G1 Transformers Cartoon Series: esp 99 & 100

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by exclusacon, Dec 15, 2011.

1. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I take back my support, because there wouldn't be any story they could tell in two episodes that would have any point to being made after all this time. If they had five episodes or something, I would say yes but two just isn't long enough.

2. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

Agreed. Beast Wars/Machines definitely filled my need for a continuation of the original cartoon.

3. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I support the idea of filling in the gap between season 2 and the movie.

anything to get more G1 :D 

4. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    I'd rather they do English dubs for HM, MF, and Victory. THAT would make me happy, and have it released as a "fix" for the continuity errors.

Oh, and throw in Scramble City for shits and giggles.

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Scramble City is your 99.

For 100... does the Movie count?

Although on some US broadcasts, the Movie was split into five parts. So if you count that, you'd have 103 episodes even without Scramble City.

6. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    It would need more than a dub... All 3 series would also have to be heavily rewritten in places with some additional animation produced for the sake of continuity and tone, to have them match the original series.

7. bobbyjack

bobbyjack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How about a season 1.5? When season 2 started there were all these new Autobots and Decepticons with no introductions. Did they all just come to Earth on the Space Bridge? At least the comic book gave us some explaination but the cartoon did nothing. Season 1 gave us intros for the Dinobots, Insecticons, and the Constructicons. Season 2, Blaster, the new Autobot Cars, The new Decepticon jets, and the Triplechangers got nothing that I can remember. At least when the movie started, it was 20 years later so there were a lot of new characters. We can kill all the old ones in an epic battle, so we only have to focus on the new ones now. Sorry about the rant but, when my son asked where Powerglide and Warpath came from, I didn't know what to tell him.

8. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

There've been several lengthy arguments on these boards over their origins. Some people feel that because Percepter stated that the Transformers had been on Earth for four million years, that's why they ALL were suffering and were in need of Cybertonium in "Dessertion Of The Dinobots". I view the line as an error on the writers part for not realizing that the season two Autobots and Decepticons weren't shown as having been on Earth all along. I assume that the season two Autobots and Decepticons came to Earth via the space bridge/Astrotrain/Skyfire/Cosmos/Omega Supreme.

9. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    I think they were just dormant or off camera, myself.

10. Slone1993

Slone1993 Well-Known Member

idk about 2 more rebirth episodes i mean to reach a 100 sounds good but the headmasters in my opinion for me ruined the series it should not have been added to g1 in my opinion

11. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any story that's just there to fix alleged continuity gaps (it's not even an error, just something not explained)/give out some fangasms is doomed to failure from the start.

If the whole reason behind a brand new episode is to reveal that Blitzwing arrived on the 9.35 from Worthing, count me out!

12. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    What's the point? There's no sense in making two more episodes just for the sake of it.

13. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    100? Why not 200 :)