G1 Transformers 1984 Comics

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

I am trying to look to buy the whole US Marvel series all 84 of them, you know where I can find them? Will it cost me alot??

2. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, they're not too expensive at as far as comics go.

80 regular issues (Only the first 4 and the last usually have slightly higher prices).
    4 issue Headmasters Mini. Even 4 issue Marvel U profile book should be reletively easy and cheep.

However is you want to try to complete your run with the over 300 Marvel UK issues then you have some work and likely cost ahead. Those are more expensive and harder to find over here. However IDW has just started reprinting all the UK stories so you could get them that way.

-ZacWilliam, though the Tpbs downsize the larger UK art, and are recolored in a way that's sometimes inferior to the originals.

3. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
  4. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    What's expensive are roughly the last ten issues. You can generally buy reading copies (i.e. not the best, most mint condition) in bulk lots on eBay. TPBs are easier/cheaper, certainly.

5. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

I would actually be interested in this as well. It would be nice to just get the whole 80 issues or so in one shot.

6. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    The Classics Collection 3 just shipped out to me this week. Its going to be nice getting this entire series.

7. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

8. lazerface

lazerface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^ Yes, they are reproductions of the old Marvel comic that started in 1984. I have the first two editions, and the 3rd one in the mail. So far these have every single page from the original series. They even add some stories from the authors and artists between issues. Plus they did some coloring corrections.

I highly recommend getting these instead of trying to track down the original single issues. I have been looking for the last 5 issues at an affordable price since 1993...

9. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, BUT completely recolored.

I think this is important to point out because it's a pretty quick and cheep recoloring and frankly, despite being modern computer colors vs. very old school printing, I think the original coloring on the old books is mostly better.

It's still a nice thing to have them collected this way. And there are nice extras. I just kinda want to defend the old books to folks who havn't read them before, that the original colors are often much nicer than what you see here.

-ZacWilliam1, not ideal, but still better to read them this way than not at all IMO. It's classic stuff.

10. JazzHunter83

JazzHunter83 Mrs FatalT

Absolutely! I have been checking out ebay for them, but it's labour intensive and expensive, lol.

11. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I have a set I'm looking to sell - All US issues 1-80, all subs, and G2 issues 1-12. I'll get you guys some more info after Botcon if you would like

I think I can help with that too, I would just have to check my duplicate inventory - I know I have dupes of 77-80, but I might have dupes of 70-80. Define what's affordable and I'll get more info after I'm through with Botcon

12. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

And the 86 Movie comic is in which Issue? Also those reproductions their US Marvel or UK Marvel?

13. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If looking for specific issues, Mile High Comics has just about everything, but the prices are higher than finding it on ebay.

Mile High Comics -

The movie was 3 issues seperate from the 80 normal issues. The movie WAS NOT part of the US Marvel comic story continuity. It's just an adaptation of an early movie script in comic book form, but it's not set anywhere is the US Marvel stories, and completely contradicts them. It's part of it's own little world.

http://www.milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/backissue.cgi?action=list&title=89491062956&snumber=1

There were several other limited runs outside the 80 normal issues, like the 4 issue GI Joe crossover, 4 issues of Headmasters, the 4 issue biography books called "Transformers: Universe" and the "Generation 2" stories. All all those up and you are looking at getting 107 issues (80 normal, 4 biography, 4 Headmasters, 3 movie, 4 GI Joe Crossover, 12 Generation 2). That just covers the US Marvel stories, not the UK Marvel exclusive comics.

14. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Woa! I am more confused by anything else just by you writing this lol

15. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

I'd be interested of course depending on the price and shipping. Although I don't think shipping would be too much. Comics don't add up to a lot of weight compared to heavier books.

Also I don't mind the conditions if they aren't mint. Some tears and stuff are ok. But I would want complete of course (No missing pages etc).

What price would you have in mind anyways?