G1 Tracks issue

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bucket Head, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Bucket Head

Bucket Head -*-

I have recently obtained a G1 Tracks. Its in great condition save for one minor issue. The legs will not stay flush with the body of the toy when in vehicle mode. I can push them back up into their spots, but they pop back out a bit, and won't stay put. It would be fine if I kept my cars in robot form, but I don't. any fixit suggestions?

Thanks

Bucket

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Did you try dissecting the leg and looking for anything that might be blocking it/impairing their ability to function? The legs on my reissue are fine, so I wouldn't even know where to start looking other than the source...

3. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

I support Soundblaster's suggestion. Could be a piece of plastic that's broken off or a mold flash interfearing (did I spell this correctly??) with the transformation. I suppose you tried shoving the legs in real hard?

4. Bucket Head

Bucket Head -*-

i tried given em a good shove, and they pop right back out. I suppose the next step is to remove the screw and examine from the inside out. since I keep em in vehicle mode, I suppose there are more drastic measures I can take...but I don't really want to! hehe

Thanks for the info

Bucket

5. Kupp

Kupp Relic of a time before time. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    there is a curved spring type piece of metal in the legs. If you adjust it you can fix it so it works properly. It isn't that hard to do at all.

6. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Nearly every Tracks I've had dealt with this problem in at least one leg. What happens is that piece of metal is supposed to be straightened, and the little ridges on it support the two leg mods (in or out). Unfortunately that strip of metal tends to get folded in half during transformation and keeps the leg from fully retracting. I've tried to straighten them out but they always break on me. Without it, Tracks can transform into car mode, but that one leg will now be loose and he'll be a bit crooked in bot mode.

7. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Lucky me, my Tracks has his legs in great shape. Nothing like of the sort above.

8. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

I have 3 Tracks'. Yeah, exactly what MM said ^.

9. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

This is a common issue for tracks

10. Kupp

Kupp Relic of a time before time. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Now that I think of it, I may have used a piece of metal from a reissue to fix my original. I found reissue tracks marked down to $5 at one point and bought like 5, at that price it is worth it just for the sticker sheet.

But yeah look at the piece of metal in the leg. Use a flat razor to peel back the sticker over one of the screws.

11. Bucket Head

Bucket Head -*-

I ended up popping the legs off and prying the spring out of the housing. I took some thin tape, wrapped around the leg bars, and reattached the legs. They won't take actually playing with or anything like that, but it'll stand in bot form, if I ever decide to repose them that way.

Thanks for the info

Bucket