G1 Toon fans do you want closure

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by nemisispringer, Nov 21, 2010.

?

Do you want closure to the g1 toon

1. Yes definateley whatever medium

4 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. In comic book form

3 vote(s)
    5.8%
  3. In a re-invented series

6 vote(s)
    11.5%
  4. In a straight to dvd film

17 vote(s)
    32.7%
  5. Refrances in on package Generations bio's

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  6. Dude that was ages ago i dont care anymore

31 vote(s)
    59.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So personally im a big fan of the G1 cartoon and i know i really want closure on the whole deal weather it be told in on package universe bios, comic form (like the battle in space comic), a series that was a re-telling (with a definitive endO or a straight to dvd film how do others feel about this.

2. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You mis read what I wrote. The only closure possible is an absolute ending. Not a reboot or just stopping manufacturing.

In that regards a straight to dvd finality would be the thing to do.

3. nemisispringer

News Credits:
    Dude i may have read your post and used it as inspiration but i consider your veiw one of many. Not the definitive many have been calling out for some new form of g1 that comes to a close as far as a re-invented series i meant basiclly a re-telling of the g1 toon that came to a conclusion.

4. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    I say leave the series alone. We all know a peace treaty was signed and the bots and cons became the Maximals and Predacons. Then had 300 years of peace before a new Megatron broke it.

I dont see the point in redoing the series or doing something for a closure. Beast Wars pretty much told the ending part without showing it.

5. KAGE

KAGE aka: GibsonKAGE

News Credits:
    I love G1, to me Transformers is G1 and the other stuff just weird copies LOL! But to be honest half the stuff in the show didn't make too much since to begin with or was just all out weird. Yeah we got the Marvel Comics to put a lid on the G1 series. But the war never really ended and bleed out into the Beast Wars and we all know how that ended :) 

There is stuff out there from Fun-Pub that continues the story from the G1 cartoon but I don't like anything involving repaint characters.

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I personally feel that we got some great closure with what was provided. Optimus came back, a new Golden Age dawned and the Decepticons were exiled into deep space. Beast Wars told us that this was followed by a final series of battles ending in a peace treaty and a pardon for a few remaining Decepticons, with the rest probably imprisoned / already dead.

It's not ideal, but no finale ever could have been. I mean, what is it that you actually would want in terms of further closure? Any attempt at showing the final battle would be rubbished for either:
    a) not being awesome enough
    b) being too short
    c) killing Optimus
    d) not killing Optimus
    e) Optimus' opponent going down too easily
    f) not properly tying up with Beast Wars
    g through z) not tying up random loose plot point involving [NAME] and [NAME]

7. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really hated beast wars until the point where they showed the ark. I think I was like 19 or 20 at the time so it seemed a bit lame to me up to that point. Then trying to follow after that point was a mind bender of inconsistencies which led me to disregarding it as far as G1 continuity.

I'm good on G1. A dvd with Galvatron dying would be cool but I'm good. I can't get into anything newer because, well, I'm not a kid and I don't dig what kids dig. I tried to watch RID and Armada but all I could think was pokemon. These were like a 5 year olds intro into japanese robot culture to me in comparison to something like gundam or evangelion. I still try on occassion but the goofiness of the series is what kills it for me every time.

I don't think they should ever stop issuing the toys from the first couple g1 waves. They're classic and iconic. You don't disregard Washington and Lincoln just because there's a new president do you? Get over it. Don't like it then don't pay attention to it. There are other transformer lines and then there are other things to get interested in if G1 characters being repeated bug you that much. If they weren't there it wouldn't be transformers anyway.

But yeah, it's be nice to see "The End." as part of G1s cartoon continuity. Regardless of whether people like it or not.

8. nemisispringer

News Credits:
    I think the main problem for me is the fact rebirth ended with the decepticons in space talking about invading other planets and the lines "we shall see galvatron we shall see" coming from Zarack even if its just the autobot special forces getting together to stop the last few decepticons and them surenderring i would really like to see this happen in some kind of media

9. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I'm for whatever G1.

As for closure, I think the season 3 finale had better closure than Rebirth.

10. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

No thanks, I'm good. Rebirth ended G1 for me. The Autobots were victorious, but the Decepticons could always come back some day. That's the way I prefer to leave it instead of ending on a story that doesn't leave any further possibilities. It sounds a bit confusing, but I'm happy with it.

11. convoymagnus

convoymagnus Yeshua Is Mashiach.

Ebay:
    No closure could ever exist!!!, this is TRANSFORMERS, it has comed back for 20+ years now, there will be always a continuation. I think that in the best of cases the grand finale could be autobots and decepticons forgetting about the war just to fight together a new threat for cybertron........but then in the end after saving cybertron the Decepticons will raise again to take over cybertron!!!!(THIS HAPPENED IN THE MOVIE DIDN'T?)....and so it goes on.............................................................................................................................................
    .............................................................................................................................................................................................
    .............................................................................................................................................................................................
    ..........................'till all are one!

12. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Why would Hastak want to give closure to an era of the franchise they're still making money off, 25 years later?

13. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

With BW's closure, it leaves a lot of room for specifics. I think my thing is whatever happened to Galvatron? Did he eventually find his way back to Cybertron and get killed? Was he forever lost in deep space, never to come back to Cybertron? Somehow, I don't see Galvatron being a part of the Pax Cybertronia or being contained in prison. Perhaps when the remaining Decepticons realized that Galvatron would not return, either from being lost in deep space or from being dead, they realized the war was over and signed the treaty.

And I agree with whoever said that the end of Season 3 was the best closure to G1 with Galvatron saying "there will be no war today Optimus Prime." Maybe after the wisdom of the Matrix was released, it caused some confusion in the Decepticon ranks and many started questioning the war in general, which could have eventually lead to the Pax Cybertronia. Of course, we got Rebirth so that never happened, but I would have been fine with that also.

14. nemisispringer

News Credits:
    Snip
    I find it ironic you quoted this seen as it was never really expanded upon thats what i would like to actually see all transformers being one or working as one and the war finally being over this wouldnt stop Has/Tak making money of the series it would just explain what happened next even if the conlusion was the decepticons landed on another planet and the autobots where sent to take the out and the fighting continued for millenia there (possibly with pretenders and powermasters etc) it would still tell us what happened afterwards and we could assume the decepticons where finally defeated and subsumed into being cybertronians and living in peace on cybertron

15. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

this is a valid point..

However I have noticed that no one has mentioned the series that went on in japan after season 3 where rebirth never happened.

and though twisted warps of time and reality, many swings of the retcon hammer >.> Japan has tied everything except the last half of binaltech into one reality (Head asplodes)

After watching G1 again on Hub.. I am not at all ashamed to admit what I want is a retune of G1 with FAR better scripting, Far more coherent coloring, WAY more spotlight episodes on individuals and hell, toss in the ole CR chamber to make it so battles can be won by actual casualties, but you don't actually have to kill anyone..

Lets see an EP where prime kicks the crap out of Megs and Starscream locks him in the CR chamber for a few episodes assuming command as he always dreams of till (someone) lets out Megs and he banishes Scream to an island after destroying his flight circuits with a load of wrecks and rubbish, then an episodes or two later, Boom!! Bruticus easy as pie, same story with some tweaking. and whatever notes it ends on the last episode flashes though some future history up till Beast wars to make the continuity flow and not be so jarring

and one thing that was done right with Energon was splitting up into multiple teams, Yes Please! you can cycle though the teams so you don't get too bogged down on the scene on earth and cybertron, it doesn't have to be a set of collect the mcguffin of the week either, there is no reason you can't have the struggles of autobot teams b-e battling their decepticon counterparts on worlds of extreme conditions and the actuall struggles of both sides to adapt and win that world for themselves.

You can fuse the best parts of G1, BW, and the UT into an Amazing series!

Animated came close to what I would like to see, but the base plotline with prime not being a leader and the bots just being space plumbers just took it way too far off the course, and Prime on hub is a kill the drone of the week and thats not close either.

It doesn't have to be called g1 redux or anything, it can be a separate new series of its own but with the feel of the original with the improvements of modern animation made, a series like that could bridge the gulf between the generations of fans!

Thats what I want to see happen, not close it out, retune it!

16. KAGE

KAGE aka: GibsonKAGE

News Credits:
    Where Japan continued on in the cartoon, America did so in the comics. The Beast Wars takes it's back history from both the cartoon and the comics. What your looking for is there bro, I was in the same boat as you not too long ago till I figured it all out.

Then there is the thing with alternate realities within the Transformers Universe, that alone will give you enough to work with: Universal stream - Transformers Wiki

Transformers is not limited to TV and movies.

17. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:

Now you're talking.

18. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

As mediocre as Rebirth was, I still view it as the closure of the series.

19. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

I take it you were adding that for me, and you are correct, I was never a big comic collector so I am not well versed with all the happenings there in, I did mention in a different thread that Beast Wars took more of its baseline history from the comics than the cartoon (with Primus and such)

20. nemisispringer

News Credits:
    Dude ive read the comics and the text story i know all about the massive casualties and the whole leige maximo showdown but that just doesnt tie in with the cartoon for me perhaps beast wars yes but not what happened in the toon there was no godlike transformer deitys it just doesnt fit in the same continuity for me