G1 to Beast Wars - Who survived???

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by icanfly, Oct 20, 2007.

1. icanfly

icanfly Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I have pretty limited experience on Beast Wars - Only discovered the animated series last year & no comic experience. But, I was interested to know, who actually survived from the G1 heydays to the BW years? I know Ravage was one & I'm aware that Grimlock survived in some respect (not 100% on him) but was there any others of my old favourites?

Regards

JL

2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Ravage lol
    Starscreams spark/ghost

EDIT: whoops you said Ravage :p 

3. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Ravage is the only i can think of.

4. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, since time travel was involved you get to see several of the G1 TFs still lying dormant in the Ark when Blackarachnia and the Maximals discover them. Outside of that, only ones that immediately come to mind were Ravage & Starscream's spark.

5. chazparks

chazparks Well-Known Member

Except sparks without a body don't count as surviving. He's dead thus didn't survive.

6. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    Its unknown how many survived, because they weren't important to the story. It is mentioned that after the Great War ended that many 'cons 'retired', so unless it was 'retired' by the business end of a gun, chances are there are probably many still alive somewhere from both sides.

--Moony

7. Wiggyof09

Wiggyof09 Well-Known Member

Grimlock was still around, in the comics anyway. Accrding to the Time Lines comic Laserbeak is still around I think. Basically you can assume everyone is, unless their death was previously shown.

8. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

In the context of the show itself, the only known surviving Decepticon is Ravage.

In the Timelines comic from 2006, Laserbeak and Buzzsaw are both Predacon agents, and by the end there are glimpses of both Divebomb and Razorclaw, in newer bodies.

And in the IDW comics, Ravage is alive (again), Grimlock is one of the protoforms on Earth and in an oversized raptor body, but there's now way to recognize anyone else yet. Scourge, Lazorbeak and Prowl are probably not related to their G1 counterparts. From the Sourcebook #1, Buzz Saw doesn't sound like Buzzsaw at all, whereas Dead End might be due to the "sullen and fatalistic" bit.

9. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Owl Prowl's original tech specs related him to his G1 incarnation, at least as far as he thought he was the G1. His bio mirrors a lot of Prowl's G1 bio too.
    Also, Ben Yee has updated his site with clarification of Beast Wars Dead End - he's not the same guy, just a similar personality.

Also, guys like Sideswipe and Sunstreaker turned up in the post Beast Machines Universe comics. They were said to have been "away" for a while.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2007
  10. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

But I was also giving some leeway for whatever might be incorporated into their bios in the later issues of the Sourcebook. The profiles in the book take a lot of liberties with the characteristics of each bot, since the toy bios were so short anyway. And since Grimlock is now definitely linked to the G1 character, there's still the chance these other namesakes are as well (well, not Dead End or Buzz Saw, that is).

I intentionally skipped the Wreckers/Universe stuff due to being unfamiliar with it myself (hard to literally know all TF stuff :p  ). After looking it up on the Transformers wiki:

- Skywarp and Cyclonus are initially members of the Wreckers
    - Trailbreaker also came back with Sideswipe, Sunstreaker, and the Viper girls
    - Some other G1 guys are in Unicron, but there's no way to know if they're from the "main" G1/BW/BM timeline or not

11. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

There's a theory running around that Transmutate is Thundercracker.

12. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

Shenanigans!

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Sparks without bodies do count as surviving. Starscream can't die, his spark is imortal, his body was destroyed but he still lived. (That's how he could take people over as a "ghost")

Starscream survived.
    Ravage survived.
    Grimlock survived in the BW comics.

Noone else I beleive.

14. Raven Zombie

Raven Zombie Liege Ravnos Muerte

G1 Smokescreen was G2 Smokescreen, and could be the starscream character in BWII

Lazorbeak, Buzzsaw, and the G1 Predicons where in the pre bw time. LB and BS got blown up though.

Rodimus and Arcee were around when they started the transorganic tech... Arcee got the Spider body upgrade

15. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

There's actually nothing to confirm the identity of G2 Smokescreen, with his appearance in the Marvel G2 comics going unnamed (but suggested to be Dreadwind) and being a separate and unrelated character in every other instance.

And he's definitely not BW2 Starscream.

16. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ravage, like others have said.

But there is a TON of G1 goodness in the BW series. I have always loved the way the writers tied the 2 series together. Ingenious and just plain damn good.

Caution, spoiler below:

"I've got 4 million years to wipe you off the walls Megatron!"

Pure genius.

17. icanfly

icanfly Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    How does the theory about Thundercracker and Transmutate go? Last I checked TC was reformatted by Unicron.

JL

18. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'd love to hear that one too. I thought Thundercracker became Scourge, and at any rate, Transmutate seemed to be a female character. At least, as close to it as it got.

19. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    soundwave survived for a while. he's seen quite often in beast machines laying around dead. there seems to be a few dozen soundwaves, actually.

20. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

Stuffed if I know, I read it somewhere.
    It's a daft idea if you ask me.