G1 Targetmasters question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Fishdirt, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was wondering if the G1 targetmaster guns got any more articulated then just folding one part. I ask because I have started to get the smaller guys in the series and I have a deluxe headmaster (snapdragon).The articulation on the head is legs and arms which made me wonder if there were targetmasters that could also move their arms and legs individually.

2. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Far as I know, none of the basic G1 Targetmasters have any more articulation. Other figures retroactively called Targetmasters (Seacons, Actionmaster weapons) have more, but that doesn't really count.

3. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Not that I remember. I think the most complicated G1 Targetmasters ever got was with guys like Blowpipe and Caliburst where you had to unpeg the cannon in their back and slot it elsewhere for the gun mode. Everything else was one joint.

Headmasters got more joints in their legs because of how they transformed. I suppose they got shoulder joints just to show there were arms under those side panels. At least until the HM Juniors where the arms were molded in place, but then those TF had separate helmets to hide limbs on the sides, at least the Autobot ones did.
    I'm surprised they bothered to go to the effort to give the original Headmasters those flaps to cover the big robot faces on the Nebulans' backs.

4. mirarage

mirarage Agent of Primus

News Credits:
    Targetmasters were the least articulated of all the G1 'masters.
    Only articulation was what was there for conversion.