G1 Targetmaster Quickmix

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jestermon, Jun 2, 2010.

1. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

I have just picked up my old friend here, I remember getting him, and I never see any projects through until their end either.

My question is, are those clear clips and joints strong or should I transform him sparingly, I don't want them to explode into a million pieces.

Also are Targetmaster handles pretty stable? I don't have any aside from reissue Ricochet which is brand new plastic not old 80's plastic.

Also why is their no reprolabels for him, was he hard to find?

2. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I bought an original early last year, and stumbled upon my original a month or two ago. Both of mine, and the Targetmasters, are quite sturdy. I haven't had any problem transforming him while fiddling with him, and I haven't heard anything about him being fragile. To me, he feels much sturdier compared to other G1 toys.

3. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

I didn't remember him being so big, he is up to Scattershot's waist and is huge compared to Tentakill. He looks so badass with the Nebulons.

I found mine in an old shack we had moved stuff into when my parents got divorced ages ago, I never misplaced the masters and knew I still had him somewhere.

4. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Love Quickmix. Frequently transform mine, never had a problem with those joints.

5. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Quickmix is a great G1 figure, in more ways than one. Yes, it's a brick, but that is expected. I still have him, and the joints are as tight as they were when my brother opened him up and transformed him for the first time about 19 years ago (with a continuous use for a few years to boot). I can't believe how good he is designed overall. Good proportions, interesting transformation, with a small unintentional "mech-alive" gimick, which still works fine even after so much play time. And he tops it off with his two TM buddies which are still going strong, though the barrel swivels are somewhat loose, but nothing drastic.

In conclusion - you can definitely play with him as much as you like.

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Same here. My brother got him when he first came out and I still take him out and transform him quite often, he holds up just fine.

In fact, I have never had any of the gun posts break on any of my Targetmasters. Won't deny that it could happen, but they're all very sturdy little guys so I doubt that you have anything to worry about.

7. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Quickmix is solid, the toy himself as well as his TM pals. All of the small TMs are quite durable.

The ones you want to watch out for are the Decepticon Large TMs Misfire, Triggerhappy and Slugslinger. The little forks used for the TM's hinges are fragile as crap. If these are ever reissued, they need to rebuild those parts for durability. I keep mine in gun mode permanently to avoid stressing the forks.

8. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    The only Target master problem that I'm aware of (because I'm a victim of it) is the tabs that keep the legs on Triggerhappy's Target Master, Blowpipe, can break off. This figure was one of my brother's and the tab broke off after a couple of months after he got it (when it was first released in the late '80's).

Edit: beaten by Foster...

9. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I totally loved Quickmix as a kid. It's completely rock solid, I'm pretty sure you could beat someone to death with it :lol  No issues on mine excepr fot the sticker wear from playing with it all the time. The small TM guns are much simpler than the larger ones so no problems with any looseness or breakage from them either.

10. Vampyr

Vampyr Shockwave loyalist

News Credits:
    I know this is quite old, but i too, buyed a Quickmix g1, and i wonder about the clears hook things he got inside the legs, what use they have?

11. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I always thought the targetmasters that came with Gen Scoop were supposed to be quickmix's.

12. Flash1087

Flash1087 Department of False Hope

Ebay:
    I feel like the smaller Targetmasters are pretty damn well put together, I have him and Landfill and they've both survived a lot of transforming and fiddling. Sure, they're not mega poseable, but both of mine are still in awesome shape after being generously given to me by a friend who was dumping off a lot of his 87-90 TFs.