G1 Targetmaster Nebulon Nightstick

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by netkid, Mar 7, 2010.

1. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Did anyone ever see a Targetmaster Nightstick with a GREEN face? We only see him with a RED face (both original & reissue). My brother came across one but he thinks either someone painted the face or it is a reissue. Also, the hand peg has both the large targetmaster size handle and then gets smaller to a tiny peg for g1 small hands (like on g1 jazz & prowl, etc.)...Any thoughts?

2. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I think Ricochet's or Stepper's Targetmasters have an Orange face.

3. UKBrawn

UKBrawn No arms just CLAWS!!

There was a reissue?
    My original has the double hand sized stock, but I thought it was for the different sized roof and hand holes? Would have to look to check though.

Oh and his face is red.

4. Mr. Ginrai

Mr. Ginrai Godmaster

Yes, we know the face was red, I have stepper and cyclonus, etc. The one Netkid and I found has a green face and the double peg, we don't know what to make of it...

5. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

:useless 

Here's what Netkid and Mr. Ginrai are referring to:

[​IMG]

Also, here are pictures of a vintage Cyclonus Targetmaster Nightstick and a reissue Stepper/Ricochet Targetmaster Nightstick side by side:

[​IMG]

As you can see, in spite of a superficial similarity, both have been cast from entirely different molds. The most telltale sign distinguishing the two can be seen around the midsection: a vintage Nightstick has a cylindrical plastic section across his crotch area with the two halves being held together by a peg-in-slot construction while a reissue Nightstick has a solid black crotch and is held together by a metal pin.

That being said, I'm at a total loss to explain the green-faced Nightstick. Based on his construction, I'd say he's a reissue piece. As for the color, he could be a variant, someone's custom paintjob, or something else entirely. I'd love to hear the story behind this one, though...

6. Mr. Ginrai

Mr. Ginrai Godmaster

Thanks for the pics, I finally figured out it was a reissue this afternoon and decided to pass on it. That guy had done some really, uh, "weak" customs, so I figured he just painted this one. I would like to know too, but didn't bother when I picked up on the mold difference. Thanks for helping move the discussion a little further though, I figured most people would pick up what we meant when we said "green face", but I guess not.

7. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

in the cartoon the badguys had green faces, probably explains his goofy custom job there. although it doesn't look half bad.

8. UKBrawn

UKBrawn No arms just CLAWS!!

I was just stating my particular figure had the double stock and a red face, not that they all should be :sly: 

gah try and lend a hand these days....:banghead: 

9. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    No, that's not what he meant, he meant that people would have said "oh a green faced one doesn't exist, must be a custom; or that a couple more people in general would have chimed in to the thread with some opinions.

Had nothing to do with your post at all. He said he is sorry for any confusion.