G1 Targetmaster Fracas' upper body is glued during production?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dogbomber, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Dogbomber

Dogbomber Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi All

I do not have a G1 Targetmater Fracas (belonged to Scourge).
    [​IMG]

It was brought to my attention that this Fracas upper body (Grey) consisted of 2 parts and they are glued together. However I am not able to know what does it mean.

Does it mean?
    1. The chest plate part is glued against the back upper body part that come with crotch?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

OR

2. The body is half-cut into half and glued together during production?
    [​IMG]

Please let me know. Thanks

2. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    It's split down the very edge of his back and down the middle of the gun barrel.

Randy

3. Dogbomber

Dogbomber Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Hi Randy, thanks for the quick reply. Based on your description, I think here is how it is split:

[​IMG]

My question:
    a. Do you face the problem of this 2 parts fall apart and you need to glue it back yourself? I have other targetmaster but I cannot tell if they are glued during production.

b. Is it true that during production, for Fracas upper body it is glued for these 2 parts together?

4. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

Actually, you were closer the first time. :) 

I checked my G1 Fracas and the seam line is a lot more complicated than either scenario. It's too complicated to describe accurately using only words, so here are some pictures showing how (I think) it runs. I've also included unedited images free of the hypothetical seam lines so you can judge for yourself.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As for Fracas' design, it seems to be unique. I don't own all the Decepticon Targetmasters, but Blowpipe and Caliburst seem to be made up of two solid pieces. As for Nightstick, I can't really tell if his upper torso is one solid piece or two pieces with a ridiculously clean seam line. If the latter is made up of two pieces, the division is distinct from Fracas' design.

Also, Fracas seems pretty solid as far as being glued together is concerned. Hell, I didn't even know his upper torso was made up of more than one piece until you asked and I took a closer look. ;) 

5. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Lunar Archivist is right, I was mistaking the mold line (where the two parts of the metal casting mold come together) as where he was glued, it's not. Sorry for the confusion.

Randy