G1 Takara Megatron with Orange Cap

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Cornholiocon, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Cornholiocon

Cornholiocon Up the irons!

I'm considering buying a G1 Takara Megatron but have question regarding the two different types I keep seeing. The first version looks like the original chromed P-38 while another version has an orange cap on the end of the barrel that is obviously for safety reasons.
    While the one without the cap appears to be slightly cheaper, my question is whether the cap is removable on this version. If not, I'm inclined to get the more expensive version without it.
    Thanks.

2. Papasmoak

Papasmoak Well-Known Member

I have the encore reissue and the orange plug was very easy to remove & did not damage the barrel at all.I would assume the Takara version would be similar but I'm only assuming.

3. montague78

montague78 For Cybertron!!

I bought the Takara reissue and the orange cap was a biotch to remove. I had to use a drill to remove it!!! lets just say the inside of the his barrel now has the winding grooves a real gun barrel would have lolzzzz!!!

4. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Since the orange "safety plugs" are not added by Takara but by various third parties on the aftermarket, whether or not the plug will be easy to remove depends on who did it and what they used to secure it.

Since its hard to know that, it would be hard to predict.

5. 420bot

420bot ******

Just buy the good one.

6. Jason Blue Boost

Jason Blue Boost Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a Takara Bookstyle version without orange plug for sale if your interested.