G1 Swoop and Snarl KO figures.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MagnusPrimal, Mar 27, 2011.

1. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

I'm considering buying a couple of these, and I was wondering what the quality on these figures are. Can anyone that has these figures tell me if they are worth it? Also, I've seen that KOtoys.com has these figures, but is there anyplace else that sells them as well?

2. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Swoop is ok, but the quality is nothing like that on vintage dinobots.

3. MagnusPrimal

That's unfortunate, but given the prices on the vintage figures in the condition I'm interested, they aren't really an option.

4. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I've got the blue-chested KO Swoop and it's perfect! I could not tell the difference between it and the original red-chested Swoop that I had. It was nearly a perfect replica.
    I don't know about their other Swoops, but the blue-chested "Diaclone" Swoop is awesome.

5. MagnusPrimal

I'll have to look at that one, I don't really care if I get the blue one or the red one, I just want Swoop! And Snarl too, of course. I still have my original Grimlock and Sludge, as well as a G2 Slag, so I don't need KOs of those.
    I kept holding out for Takara to reissue these, but I just don't think it's going to happen.

6. Akroyer

Akroyer Well-Known Member

I have the set of 5 KO Replica Dinobots. I only had Grimlock and Slag as a kid. And I am quite pleased with the quality of them.

I didn't find Swoop to be nearly as fragile as others have mentioned. And the only problems I had was a missing sticker sheet for Grimlock. And the one clip that hold Sludges 'Wings' closed in Dino mode broke off, and Swoops missile launchers the holes seem a little small in the wings. And one doesn't peg in well. So I put one in his hand, and one in his wing. Other than that, once I got the stickers applied and got them setup, they look fantastic. They are strictly display pieces for me, and with the costs I had followed on vintage vs these ones, I am quite pleased with them.

I got mine from iOffer seller was T800pro. He came highly recommended, and everything went smooth. I also got the KO Replica Shockwave from him.