G1 Sunstreaker help

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by chrisr291, Jan 16, 2012.

1. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, I brought a MIB Sunstreaker on December 24th of last year. In the auction, the seller described this figure as

Now, I received this guy on Friday and I was pretty disappointed. I haven't owned a G1 Sunstreaker in a couple years, but I dunno if I'd classify this figure as mint. Still, I just can't remember if my Sunstreaker had these problems..... I really don't think he did

Here are some pictures in vehicle mode; you'll notice a few paint chips but I'm ok with them for the most part.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

However, when you say mint, I'm under the impression I'm getting a figure with nice joints. Toys with loose joints just don't work for me, and this toy is pretty loose everywhere.

The feet and arms are constantly falling out of position, and his shoulder rotation swivel just flaps around like a bird.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So, I guess my questions are

1. How hard would it be to fix the loose joints? I don't want to start popping him open if it isn't going to get me anywhere.

2. I kinda remember my last SS's right foot being floppy, but not everything else. Is the floppiness I described common or is this just an overly played with figure?

Thanks for your help!

2. entITy

entITy G 1

wow awesome, at least rubber tires arent split all over

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    That seller is a fucking moron if they think that is anywhere NEAR mint.

4. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    TBH, a quick glance at the picture in the auction shows it's isn't mint, imo. The yellow plastic on the missiles is pretty obvious, the red exposed plastic on the air intake sticks out a bit more, and the crooked stickers on the hood ring an alarm bell
    straight off.

You could probably still file a 'not as described', but one look at the picture would have sent me running.

5. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Well,the seller didn't say mint, he said near mint. That figure clearly isn't, send it back and ask for a full refund, you have been mis-sold and are entitled to do so

Were there no pictures on the auction?

6. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

i have zero experience with vintage transformers but there is no way id ever call that near mint.

7. wildfly

News Credits:
  8. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Shipping

Yeah, the seller marked the item as shipped on December 27th but didn't list a tracking number; After a week went by, I emailed the seller daily to see what was going on. He eventually responded, "Sorry, my father was suppose to mail it" and it showed up 3 days afterwards.

Pictures

I ran across this item in the closing seconds and won it for 77 shipped. I usually ask a lot of questions when purchasing G1 figures but I read his description and felt ok with it, so I figured what the hell and just bid enough to win the auction.

[​IMG]

He doesn't look that bad from the photo:lol 

EDIT: That is cool, I just didn't want to post his info. I wasn't sure if that violated a rule IF the seller is actually a member of these forums.

9. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:
    Whats kinda unusual to me is the chrome parts. I have three yellow Sunstreakers and a red Diaclone Only the Diaclone has the chrome parts moldes in red, the others are yellow. That one is probably an early pre-rub.

Not that it brings any more value to it, or fixes the joints, just sayin.

IMO, you should return that thing.

10. wildfly

News Credits:
    Good point.

Although i'm GUESSING the air intake and missiles were molded and chromed on the same sprue.

So unless part selection was a bit random in the day, i'm wondering if some parts were swapped with the Diakron version.

11. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

I vote to return the item. The item is nowhere near how he described. Not even close to near mint.

12. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You got ripped. Return it. That is no where near mint. On a scale of 1 to 10 it's easily a 4.5 to 5.

13. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Return it. That no where near mint.

14. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

Return without a shadow of a doubt!

15. Allsparky

Allsparky Bayou Buah/Ex cross-tie walker!

Yeah that looks like crap man, especially the chrome! Send it back! Seller is unawares as to what is really mint.

16. Vexxet

Vexxet Autocon

RETURN THAT GARBAGE! I hate transformer lemon scalpers!

Here is the freaking scale that I use(I have been fighting grading morons for decades its not even funny)

C10 - Mint. NEVER TOUCHED. No factory FLAWS
    C9 - Near Mint. Looks like it was never touched. A toy never touched but is in an unsealed box is C9 NOT C10
    C8 - Excellent. I still classify C8 as it looks like its mint (NO STICKER WEAR. HAS STICKERS. I hate went sellers take stickers off to make the figure look more clean and then say oh its C8! it looks awesome. WRONG)
    C7 - Very Good. Some scuffs/scratches. This is the first level of disparity (minor sticker wear to light)
    C6 - Good. This is just above average at this point. It has some dings and paint chips, but still looks ok. (moderate sticker wear)
    C5 - Average. This is consistant wear (sticker/paint/plastic/metal) considering age.
    C4 - At this point anything here or below is just levels of Poor.

I would grade the one you got at 5.5

17. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I really wish people would learn the difference between "complete with box" and "MIB". There is nothing anywhere near mint on that thing.

Edit: I just read the ebay listing. Though he never says MIB, he does describe it in "near mint condition." It's not. Plus, he even mentions paint chips!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  18. Silvershot

Silvershot On The Double Dutch Bus TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, the figure is definitely not Near Mint, and if it only came with the 2 missiles shown, it's not 100% complete either, since it originally came with 3 missiles. Having said that, having the box and instructions almost makes the price you paid worth it. I'd ask for a refund though if it's more important to have a better figure (which I think it is).

19. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Did you return it? The seller's got it relisted with no changes to the description.

20. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Man, that is why I hate buying G1s. In your case, return it. At the price you paid, you can get a much much better one then the one you have.

As for your questions, tightening joints are the same with G1 from what I understand. Future floor polish.