G1 Sunstreaker Help Needed

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by kllrwlf, Nov 17, 2006.

1. kllrwlf

kllrwlf Well-Known Member

I need help just verifying something.

I just received a Sunstreaker from eBay. It has no stickers what-so-ever (no big deal, I'll get a set from reprolabel)...

I've been examining it and the only place I see any marks, on the piece supporting the feet, behind the feet. And it says "Takara Japan".

I'm so used to seeing a year with the mark, so just want to verify that someone else with a G1 Sunstreaker has only thing mark.

This is also a pre-rub.

Thanks! :wink: 

2. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

3. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Hi there,

Early pre rub Transformers from 1984 often were only stamped "TAKARA JAPAN" as the moulds used had not been significantly updated from the Diaclone moulds which were mostly stamped in similar fashion.

Later in 84 dates started appearing alongside the Takara stamping on TFs and Diaclones, and after that on TFs hasbro stampings started to appear as well.

If you find a Sunstreaker with all the Takara stuff blocked off and just Hasbro markings, it;s a 90s Euro Classic.

All the best
    Maz

4. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

yeah, mine original is the same way, pre-rub sign goodness with just takara on it. I like all my 84's to be pre-rub sign, that way you know they are from the actual 84 line and not re-released 85.

5. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, mine's the same too as in the trademark etc.

By the wayMaz, did you post a link at sgcollect? Its an informative article but unfortunately, your passion is wasted on that board. Most of the collectors in my countries don't appreciate such gems. Most of them are scalpers or go into the hobby on the spur of the moment. There are very few genuine collectors there.

6. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Hey man, thanks for the heads up. It's a real shame if that's really the case. I understand that something like a Mexican variant minibot is far from everyone's cup of tea of course.

The guys on the board were very welcoming the other day when I introduced myself with the E-Hobby Astrotrain article, and I got some good feedback.

I'll see how it goes, if there's little to no interest then of course I don't want to spam their boards.

Thanks again LP.

All the best
    Maz

7. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah, don't worry about it. Your posts over there weren't spam as they're meaningful and informative. Its just the culture. I hardly visit the boards or participate in any conversations because most of the time there's a hidden agenda behind their posts. For example, to scalp. :D 

8. kllrwlf

kllrwlf Well-Known Member

Cool, thanks for the help and the links! :)  Never ever knew those sites existed!