G1 Stunticons any possibility of Encore reissue?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alex5, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Alex5

Alex5 No Broken

Hi people :) 

I have been trying to get a few of my favourite G1 combiners, and am now looking for the Stunticons. I generally collect G! as reissues, and have a good amount of the G1 line in reissue form from releases since 2000. My Combaticons are the G1 gold card 'classics' releases since I wanted the original colours for Bruticus, but can anyone tell me if Stunticons saw release in that line? Or are the only releases the giftset and carded releases from 85/86?

If they haven't been reissued, are there any chances they will be come out again through Encore? They haven't even seen a 'good' KO... they have two wrong limbs in any I've seen... so i"m thinking the molds may be gone but they never seem to be mentioned when talking of lost molds.

Thanks for any info.

2. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

Very, very ,very, slim chance that they will be, not to mention their molds are gone .....just get the original ones.

3. Alex5

Alex5 No Broken

We know the molds are gone then?

I know there was the canned G2 release... so they went after that? It's just quite random what G1 stuff has survived - but I guess that's why we saw so many reissues of figures like Bruticus.

4. RKillian

RKillian https://rktoys.myshopify.com

The Combaticons, Aerialbots, Protectobots, and Stunticons were all reissued under the Classic Heroes line, along with Optimus Prime, several of the Autobot cars, some of the triple changers, a few Throttlemasters, and supposedly, according to some of the stories I've heard over the years, Megatron and Starscream.

Also, please take reports of lost/broken molds with a healthy dose of skepticism, as there are so very many people in this fandom who don't actually know anything but continue to spout guesses (pirates make Predaking unprofitable) and lies (Hound is lost, Soundwave is impossible) in a desperate effort to feel important.

5. Alex5

Alex5 No Broken

Thanks for clearing that up. I just couldn't remember having seen them on the gold Classics cards. I got my Combaticons MOSC real cheap that way, doubt I'll havethe same luck again though!

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I can confirm the Autobot Cars and Combiners in the gold box line. Most of my vintage cars were ones my brother and I got during that period.

Never saw Megatron or Starscream, although around here the Constructicons popped up on the original G1 cards not the gold cards. Make of that what you will. It's possible it is old stock from somewhere or other, or an actual rerelease using the original packaging given how those guys were rereleased without the parts a few years earlier, and shortly after with them for G2.

7. mrclean08

mrclean08 G1 FOR LIFE

At the rate of Encores coming out every so often, it might take a while if they ever do come out.

For me, I couldn't wait and ended up getting a mint complete set of Stunticons on eBay for around $110. The one thing I don't like with Encore reissues are the stickers/symbols that are tampo'd decals. They actually look cleaner, but I'm a stickler for originality and prefer the paper/metallic stickers.

8. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    We have not seen any giftset of any combiner reissued except Predaking. If they are avalible then maybee a chance of a reissue, if they are lost or damadge then I say they wont backenginer them.

The Stuntacon gold carded pieceas avrage complete at around $350-500. (MOC/MISB)

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    i guess since they have the molds probably still we coudl see encore hound with deitrius, blitzwing with overcharge, galvatron, predaking and sideswipe with tigertracks reissued,

10. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

the combiner molds were confirmed lost at botcon a few years back unfortunatly.

just keep looking online for deals, just a week ago I won a "junk" lot for 31$ on egay that contained of all things a complete set of all 5 stunticons amougst some other decent stuff. patience will net them for you they are very common out there.

11. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I imagine the next combiner released in Encore will be King Posideon. The molds have been recently used and the character was prominent in Masterforce. I would just pick up original Stunticons now, they're plentiful on the secondary market.

12. Yigal

Yigal Dutch Meeting camera man

Ebay:
    I bet Takara will not Reissue any Masterforce/Victory/etc in their Encoreline. The only things being Encored are Season 1, 2, 3 stuff.

Considering there are plenty of bots they have molds from and still haven't reissued yet in the current line: Cyclonus, Scourge, Blurr, Gnaw, etc, fat chance they will do King Poseidon.

But if they do, please do Encore Scorponok and E-Hobby him as Black Zarak too.

13. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Gnaw? Hilarious. Yeah, if they want a reissue thet will flop worse than Ratchet.

Plenty of late G1 has been reissued, God Ginrai, Star Convoy, Landcross. And if we're only looking at Encore, the trend is to go with bigger sets and higher price points. I could see a Cyclonus/Scourge set being very successful if the Targetmasters are included and the original guns have their pegs resized, as TFC Rodimus and Kup have.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
  14. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    The only gestalts that can have a chance of being reissued is Bruticus, Predaking, Piranacon, and (maybe?) Defensor.

15. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Bruticus would be a logical choice mold wise, problem is if ppl are to tired of the mold.

Defensor: ..if he was still avalible then I bet he would been reissued by now.

Predaking: He came out 5 years ago. No way they will do him again this soon.

Scorpenok: Omega and Metroplex are shelfwarmers..TT will think before they reissue a big bot again.

I am actually with fosterlager on this. Cyclonus and Scourge woul be a killer to pack.

If King Poseidon are comming he will come as a new year special or a 25th year annaversary special reissue

16. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I would love a Stunticons reissue and would definitely buy it. I don't know about the state of the molds but they could always reverse engineer them. It would be all kinds of awesome.

17. Buzzer-Bot

Buzzer-Bot Kamikaze

Not likely.If you're talking about Devastator,that's possible.