G1 Starscream vs G1 Cyclonus

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Lord-Starscream, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Lord-Starscream

Lord-Starscream Banned

I'm not sure if this has been threaded before, but I wanted to get the fandoms opinions on who would win in a dogfight, and a hand to hand combat. I think starscream would win in a air dogfight, and CYCLONUS in hand to hand combat, but I think starscream nulray gives him the advantage but then CYCLONUS has supernatural powers don't know exactly what kind but that's why I want to know what you guys think?

2. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Cyclonus would probably beat down Starscream and steal his guns and destroy him, but then again Starscream will come back as a ghost and hunt Cyclonus :lol 

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Even if Starscream wins, he loses.

Attached Files:

• 0.jpg
      0.jpg
      File size:
      13.5 KB
      Views:
  4. TechNoMad

TechNoMad Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Just my 2 cents on this but I don't remember Cyclonus having supernatural powers. Correct me if I am wrong about that though, cuase it would be cool.

In a knock down drag out fair fight, I think Cyclonus would win hands down. But when does Starscream ever fight fair?

5. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Starscream fights fair, he just annoys his fellow comrads. Like in the episode

The Ultimate Doom:
    Thundercraker: I think Megatron's plan is brilliant
    Starscream: I think it's a waste of energy
    Thundercraker: You waste more energy with your mouth

:lol 

6. Lord-Starscream

Lord-Starscream Banned

Well I read on his bio toy package universe one it stated he does, something about he can sterilize the surface of a planet, I could be wrong about the details I'm sure sto_voo_koo can get the facts on it. But IMO I think CYCLONUS does have supernatural powers.

7. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Cyclonus would kick Screamer's ass to Saturn and back.

8. Lord-Starscream

Lord-Starscream Banned

I don't think who ever would win wouldnt floor the other realistically, they are two great warriors.

9. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Starscream cuz he's got style and smack talks Megatron to his face.

Cyclonus got rabbit ears and grovels to Galvatron all day.

10. Prime's Pappa

Prime's Pappa Animated Forever

Its a tough one but I do like screamer more...he has style

11. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Starscream all day. At least until he gets wounded and retreats screaming.

12. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    You can be your own Klingon with our Resources:

Cyclonus - 1986 Transformers - TFW2005

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/1987-decepticons-42/cyclonus-targetmaster-68/

:thumb 

See also:

http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/rts-decepticons-471/cyclonus-5144/
    http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/henkei-destrons-347/cyclonus-2498/
    http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/united-decepticons-474/cyclonus-5406/
    http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/un...ons-263/cyclonus-challenge-at-cybertron-4922/
    http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/universe-classics-20-decepticons-263/cyclonus-with-nightstick-1859/

Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  13. RocketScience

RocketScience Gone

Starscream would win in a dogfight, get killed in hand-to-hand, then come back to haunt and possess Cyclonus. And then he'd probably make Cyclonus do something crazy to get Galvatron to kill him. :D 

14. Vince

Vince Decepticon

News Credits:
    Cyclonus is a super-powered warrior with a body created by other-worldly forces, I dont think Starscream would stand a chance. (Think Galvatron being able to destroy a planet with his cannon whereas Megatron's fusion cannon was described as only being able to level a city block).

15. Cybertronian

Cybertronian Well-Known Member

Starscream's a better fighter, especially in the air. (He's also a dirtier fighter.) Even if Cyclonus won, Starscream could simply possess him (if dead).

16. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:

Yeah, that's what I think, Starscream is more cunning IMO. I'd imaging he's be sneaky like in Grimlock's dream where he takes Megatrons fusion cannon and blows Grimlock apart.

Pretending to be injured and then take Cyclonus out, but not on a date! Ha Ha

17. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I'll say Starscream also. He's just too much of jerk to lose to Cyclonus...

18. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I like Starscream a lot, and I think he tends to get underrated, but Cyclonus is a special case.

During the period that Unicron was active, Cyclonus & co. supposedly were able to draw nearly limitless power from their connection to Unicron, which makes them "supernatural" to an extent. They are cosmic beings, similar in a way to the Heralds of Galactus in Marvel comics (which was no doubt part of the inspiration).

I would tend to say that once Unicron was defeated in the '86 movie, Galvatron and his buddies lost this ability, and instead had to rely on their own physical resources. That said, I think they're still pretty damn powerful. Looking at their Tech Specs stats (Skywarp's numbers for Starscream of course) Starscream would have a tough time with either the '86 OR '87 version of Cyclonus. However his guile and speed (in atmosphere, Starscream is faster!) might still give him chance.

Hold on, hold on... Megatron's bio explains that Megatron's regular blast has considerably more than enough power for a city block..
    Secondly, saying Galvatron was able to "destroy a planet" with his cannon is a distortion. He destroyed a planetoid of some kind, though I'm not convinced it was much larger than a small town to be fair. I think that Galvatron's firepower IS probably greater than Megatron's (at least without Megatron's black hole anti-matter link), but let's not exaggerate! :) 

On a side note, can anyone explain why Cyclonus is classed as a "Saboteur"? Seems a bit out of place, doesn't it?

zmog

19. Prowl 2009

Prowl 2009 A Decepticons Downfall

I am going to have to say Cyclonus. He's a much more refined fighter and can take more of a beating. Starscream is a coward and usually runs before a fight is over, plus although he may be a dirty fighter, Cyclonus would simply overpower him with his far superior skill. Plus, he was created by Unicron, so he's got that going for him as well.

Cyclonus FTW! :D 

20. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:

Supernatural no. But i think it was said that he could draw pretty much unlimited strength from Unicron. If that applies after Unicron was decapitated...who knows.

But yeah, Starscream would either cheat, or just turn tail.