G1 Starscream. If he gained power............

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Tigertrack, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

If G1 Starscream actually gained power over the Decepticons, meaning if Galvatron hadn't come back and shot him dead.

Would Starscream have become as insane as Galvatron was in season's three and four?

Seems like Starscream was always a little nuts. I think he'd been a nasty SOB to work with.

2. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Galvatron went crazy from staying in the tar pits too long. But Starscream was always insane, in an awesome way.

3. Tigertrack

I thought Galvatron was insane cause Unicron tortured him.

4. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I always saw Galvatron's insanity as a byproduct of his creator Unicron dying followed by his lava bath while in a damaged state. Since Unicron could force Galvatron to obey him, there must have been some kind of mental link between them that probably unhinged Galvatron when it was severed. And then lava getting into his circuitry made it worse.

Had Starscream remained Decepticon leader, I don't think his mental state would have changed much, aside from amplifying what was already there. He would have become even more egotistical but just maybe his cunning would have increased too. I would also expect him to demand that the Constructicons enhance his body (giving Hasbro a new toy to sell, natch).

5. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    This to a lesser extent

6. Shockwave 75

Shockwave 75 Master of the Rules.

Probably a combination of being tortured aka mindraped by Unicron, and the time (a whole year apparently) he spent soaking in the plasma pits on that planetoid.

I don't think Starscream would have lasted long as Decepticon leader. He probably would have been taken out by someone like Shockwave or Soundwave, or even Onslaught before long.

7. Tigertrack

In this hypothesis, we're assuming he remains in power.

8. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

A lot of people think that, but he wasnt crazy the entire film.

So, I dont see how the torture alone was the cause.

I like to think it was a combination of a number of things.

The way he was up-graded, the torture, Unicrons destruction which should have been felt by Galvy, and the time spent in the lave pits.

9. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    In answer to the original hypothetical question, he would've been killed by Cyclonus.

As for what happened to Galvatron, he rather clearly had a psychotic break.

First he lost his identity. He had spent millions of years as Megatron but suddenly wasn't Megatron anymore. His body, his mind, everything was different.

Then he was forced into an unwilling servitude, again after having spent millions of years as not just his own master, but the master of hundreds or even hundreds of thousands of other troops, suddenly to be at the whim of another and instantly tortured for disobedience puts further strain on his psyche.

To add insult to injury, he's beaten by a whelp. After he kills his eternal nemesis Optimus Prime, tears Ultra Magnus apart, obliterates the thorn in his side that is Starscream in one shot, he's killed by someone who from his point of view is less important then Gears after recieving godlike power. This has to cause a crisis of his new identity that he has just barely to form.

Then he's freed from his servitude by his enemies, in particular the whelp. His enemies and a bot beneath his contempt free him nearly instantly from the bondage he had been unable to free himself from after multiple attempts.

Finally he's tossed to the pits where he has nothing around himself except time for self contemplation. That time spent with nothing to do is the final straw to cause his break. We see evidence of this result when Scourge and the others first find him when Galvatron talks of his empire of ash. He doesn't even understand why they've come for him.

His instability after that is just the symptoms of his break manifesting itself in whatever erratic way Galvatron can find functionality in, mostly physical violence.

10. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

If Starscream had gained power and leadership over the Decepticons... I'm sure that his mental state would not change. Like Ikkstakk said, maybe he would be more egotistical, but I doubt he would have changed mentally.

11. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    We would never know. Shockwave would remove him first.

12. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

I think that if Starscream was finally ruling the Decepticons, he would had been more vicious then Megatron. He might have lead the Decepticons into a faster victory over theAutobots, but something tells me that because of his insanity for power, some Decepticons would rebel from within and a Decepticon rebellious force would detach itself from the main faction and would try to over thrown Starscream over and over again.

13. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Starscream would have been paranoid from the moment he was crowned leader - Megatron's warning that there would always be someone looking to replace him would come true. His paranoia would have fueled sadistic purges trying to rid himself of suspected traitors - purges that would have removed the most competent Decepticons from where they were needed most, leading to a weakening of the Decepticon armies and ultimately a Decepticon defeat.

14. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Not cartoon Shockwave.

15. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Starscream would have become an even bigger egomaniac, as well as paranoid, to the point that the Decepticons would fear him for the same reasons they feared Galvatron - the uncertainty of whether or not Starscream was going to blast them in to pieces for no reason other than Starscream felt they looked at him wrong.

The Decepticons would have fallen apart under Starscream. He was all about personal conquest, not conquest in general like Megatron.

16. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    The comics did a good job of showing how Galvatron was fighting Megatron's insanity that was still a part of him. It was like Unicron could remake his body, but couldn't totally eliminate Megtron's batshit crazy nature. Megs was generally more unhinged in the comics than was really shown in the cartoon. Also in the comics was a story about Starscream getting as close to god-like powers as possible(Underbase saga) and basically he was going to destroy bots and cons alike, so yeah his crazy would have escalated with his power no doubt.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    No, Galavatron was crazy because of how long he spent stewing in a pool of lava.

18. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

Yeap, you took the words right out of my mouth.

if Starscream retained power, it would have lead to the downfall of the 'Cons in rapid succession the Quints would have twisted him for a loop and broke him like a twig and been using him as a slave in a matter of months.'

Everyone is forgetting the role the Quints played in season 3, I don't think the 5 faced ones would have underestimated Starscream as they did Galvy, because while off his rocker, SS was not totally insane if you get what I am aiming at.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  19. Tigertrack

How does a lava pool make him crazy? He said it made him more powerful and stronger. It would be kind of like us having a mud-bath would it not? That wouldn't make us crazy.

20. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

But a mud-bath could make us sick because they are some times full of bacteria.

If the lava bath was capable of effecting his power systems, then it certinly could have effected his brain, making him crazy.

We have seen before that power discharges and energy flux'es can influance/disrupt the way a TF brain works.Watch episodes "Auto-berserk", "Grimlocks new brain"