G1 Starscream + fangirl(/boy?) question...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by SuperMegs, Nov 5, 2008.

1. SuperMegs

SuperMegs Active Member

Why is it G1 Starscream has so many adoring fans? I just kinda wanted to hear potential fans input, I'm not questioning the why...

Please don't hurt me, if you take it the wrong way. ;) 

Also, I don't know if there's already been a billion threads like this before because I'm new. If there is, please point me to one so I can read.

2. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    Starscream has always been one of my favourite characters, in G1 anyway.

I think it's down to his awesome altmode, iconic colourscheme and funny voice.

3. Peanut04

Peanut04 Under Construction

News Credits:
    No real reason I suppose other than the fact he was fun to watch as a kid. I liked his voice and the fact that he was contantly trying to get control from Megatron. It's just kind of stuck with me. He is my second favorite Decepticon, just under Soundwave.

4. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    he comes in top 10 fpr me ..something about him makes him so easy to like. I say Starscream is easy one of the most ionic characters of the TF universe.

5. honcho

honcho BW Megatron Completionist

Ebay:
    No idea other than he's fun to watch.

Personally: fuck Starscream, Skywarp's where it's at. :rock 

6. Sideways

Sideways Banned

i've always like Starscream because he's constantly trying to overthrow Megatron but ends up getting his ass kicked.

7. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

1. Great visual design - transforming cars are cool but planes are even cooler, the Seeker design is classic no matter what colors you put it in, but red, white, and blue is very patriotic

2. His personality - Starscream was different than other cartoon villains, he wasn't a lackey, he had his own agenda of power and betrayal that kept the Decepticon political intrigue interesting, it wasn't just a show about good guys vs bad guys sometimes it was bad guys against bad guys. There is something very Shakepearian about Starscream's personality archtype as well, the coward who wants to be king like Edmund from King Lear or Iago pretending to be the loyal soldier until he stabs you in the back. Characters like that are always fun to watch, and after seeing Starscream fail time and time again, you wanted to see him win just once, and he does - for all of a few minutes in Starscream's Brigade and the movie, and just when you think he's gone for good...he comes back as a ghost! He's like the cat that came back the very next day he "just couldn't stay away." And to top it all off he was once a scientist and best friends with the Autobot Skyfire, who would have thunk? Fire in the Sky added layers to his character.

3. Chris Latta - Starscream wouldn't be half as memeorable if it weren't for that voice, you know the one, like the screech of metal against metal or fingernails on a chalkboard. It's one of those voices that make you say, how does the actor do that and you remember it for all your life. Starscream has only continued to gain more depth as a character in shows like Armada, Cyberton and Animated. But THAT VOICE always defines him be it Charlie Addler of the new movies, Michael Dobson of the Armada trilogy, or Tommy Kennedy of Animated, they are worthy successors all, but all of them are still doing their best to replicate/pay homage to the voice that Latta created. Starscream would not be Starscream without it, it is so distinct.

So Starscream is one of my faves, top 10 for sure, though I prefer Thundercracker a little more.

8. Screambug

Screambug King of Transformers

Because he's a pretty, sexy man-bird who always makes you laugh.:D 

9. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    Because, as a result of his scheming, he often ended up as the best Autobot. ;) 

10. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    He was the decepticon underdog. You secretly wanted him to win at least once.

11. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

He was one of the most memorable.

Why chicks dig him so much Im not sure , but I had a crazy theory-

Megatron and Starscream are like a marriage, Megs being the guy and SC the girl.
    Man is king of the crib, but many times the wifey wants all the control.
    Then she get's all PMS-ish and the man has to be like "look here woman" and shake her.

12. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Don't forget Armada/Micron Legend Starscream fangirls. There were swarm of websites back then, lots of yaoi stuff, then quite a lot of them moved onto Energon/Super Link Nightscream, then some stayed on with Cybertron/Galaxy Force Screamer. There were less and less as the series moved on. Wonder where are they now? TFTM07 Screamer is just as handsome, right? ;) 

13. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    He's a uke who craves punishment. Not my thing, but that's what I think.

14. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    He has always been my favorite. He was also the only one of the jets I had as a kid.

As to why, I'm not sure realy. Perhaps because he was one of the few cons that got fleshed out well. He had a begining middle and end to his development as well as some back story. Also he was in or featured promanately in so many original eps.

15. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    Because he's fangirl bait! He's the ladiesman of the Decepticon.

16. SuperMegs

SuperMegs Active Member

Wow, a bunch of great and amusing replies here. :D  Thanks for the input!

Ha, yeah I always did love Skywarp myself.

True! Watching Starscream get owned by Megs is pretty hilarious.

Yes...that is some voice. Also, Cobra Commander. (Oh, and his name is Tom Kenny for Animated Starscream. lol Evil Spongebob voice. I actually enjoy TFA Starscream a lot.)

LOL This one made me cackle out loud.

I think the yaoi fangirls like only skinny wispy "bishonen" types. (Bish-o-bot?! In this case?) I don't think the large, bulky, hunk of metal that was 07 Starscream did it for them. :p 

Fanfiction.net comes to mind...so perhaps. LOL

lol Apparently! Also, love the sig. I remember seeing that on dA. I guess from what I hear TFA Blitzwing has a lot of fangirls too. XD Can't complain, I am one of them...although not as dedicated.

17. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

It's because he has boobs. Everybody likes boobs.

18. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    You might as well ask 'Why do girls like bad boys?' 'cause if you don't understand that, you won't understand what girls like about Starscream...and of course both questions are usually asked by guys who just don't get girls and still won't get them after girls try to answer the questions. :lol  There are things that girls recognize in him that guys just don't. And that fiiine design doesn't hurt, either, in G1 to Cybertron.

Regarding 07 Screamer - he's a giant insectoid gorilla without much personality, what girl would be attracted to that?

--Moony

19. CyberSlippit

CyberSlippit Bot crazy!

:lol  Too true. The whole "rebel-guy" thing. Kind of like the obsession with Raphael in the TMNT scene. :wink: 

Personally, Starscream is my favorite decepticon because his personality is just sooo much more colorful. Always plotting, scheming, and his getting slapped by Megatron an average of five times a show always made me laugh. Being a girl, I can't say I've ever had much of an...attraction to the dude though, he's just the most fun Decepticon to watch :lol 

20. SuperMegs

SuperMegs Active Member

lol And they fire missiles, too.

Ha, yeah. I've been meaning to go through my G1 dvds and count how many times Starscream gets beat on by Megs...maybe put it in video form. :p  Call it a "tribute to Starcream" and see how many angry comments I get...lol