G1 Star Saber as Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by DVD, Jun 2, 2006.

1. DVD

DVD Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2003
    I'm not a Japanese TF buff or anything, but from what I've read, Star Saber(and later Victory Saber) is the leader in Transformers: Victory, the Japanese only series that followed Masterforce.

Anyhow, the idea I had, is what if Star Saber was brought over to the US? What if the line never died and we got the cool Japan only TF's that came at the end of the line? I guess the thing that intrigues me is the thought of Star Saber as Prime. I don't own the SS toy, but from pics it looks like there's a smaller jet(Prime) that hooks up with a larger vehicle(almost like a trailer, hmmmm). The smaller jet has a pilot(perhaps HiQ?), which becomes the "brain" of the smaller robot(Saber). The "trailer" part of Star Saber also transforms into a base(like a certain Autobot leader's trailer) and can form much of the larger robot's body. The smaller jet transforms and merges with the larger body to become Star Saber. It's like Powermaster Prime/Super Ginrai only a jet instead of a truck and trailer.

Maybe this is basic knowledge, but I'm just figuring it out and it sounds awesome to me.
  2. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

Aug 2, 2004
    News Credits:
    In Victory, we see Prime (god ginrai, fully combined) get beat up and SS takes over. Later Prime comes back, gets beat up again, and rebuilt as Victory Leo, who later combines with Star Saber to become Victory Saber.

So if they brought the toon over as well, you could just rename SS as Prime or something.