G1 Staging Areas/Forward Operating Bases

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by TexasBEAST, Oct 19, 2017.

1. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

As I said cant point it out rereading my posts, so quote me to solve it I guess.

2. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

I hit enter on that post sooner than I intended so I edited it

3. pilot00

Aha. Well no I meant it exactly as I said it. If you read the follow up text, I have examples of Skywarps teleportation Etc.

4. Altered Prime

I knew what you meant but it kind of goes both ways think about it like this

Let's say Wheeljack has the "ability" of traveling at 150 miles an hour with no problem in his cybertron mode........ disability would be reduced in his Earth mode because their tires are as vulnerable as Earth tires two punctures, wear & tear and blowout

Same thing from the episode you mentioned before if you work all Wheeljack lowered these Metal Sheets over his front windshield to protect himself from being fired upon, but he still had the "ability" to see where he was going perfectly

On the other hand he and a group of other Autobots weren't able to see through a bad rain storm on Earth

So why do feel some of their abilities are reduced with their Earth modes

5. pilot00

Because I dont? I used the word 'accomodate' not reduce. My reasoning is that alt mode is chosen with all their abilities to be able to function at 100%.

EDIT: Hence why the Seeker, an aerial model was scanned as F15, yet keeps its interplanetery capability as showcased by Starscream.

6. Altered Prime

but as I just point it out their abilities are not able to function at 100 percent

Tire blowouts weather conditions hampering the ability to see, these are just two examples

Also if you look at the extended bio for topspin, you will see that the bio explicitly States that unlike the other Autobots his ability to cover all terrains remains because he had not been altered by the ark into taking on an earth mode

That implies the Autobots altar by the ark once had all terrain abilities and no longer did because of their earth modes

7. Altered Prime

I just saw this edit, now correct me if I'm wrong we did not see Starscream leave orbit under his own power he was put on an asteroid

True that he flew off the asteroid, but I wouldn't call that an interplanetary ability because he's just using his thrusters in space which I believe even the space shuttle does when already up there

An interplanetary ability would mean that he can reach space from the ground and I don't recall seeing that

8. pilot00

And where do we know exactly that they were able to in the first place?

This is a toy bio and not cartoon material. If we were to have this short of thinking then Trypticon would have turned Metroplex into slag in their first fight, Megatron at some point would have linked his fussion cannon in a dark hole and simply vaporise an entire Autobot batallion in a single shot, by simply shooting once in their general direction and the Decepticons would never have lost the war in general.

9. Altered Prime

We covered that already the same episode you mentioned the very first one more than meets the eyes

No tires whatsoever and still running down the road Shields made of metal over there windshields and they could still see down the road

They get the Earth and they suffer from Tire blowouts and can't roll any more than any other car with a flat tire and they can't even see their way through a bad rain storm
    how do you figure this is only about toy bio,? See you this topic is open to any Source material s

Besides the idea is supported in the first episode
    again subjective and debatable
    I just saw this edit, now correct me if I'm wrong we did not see Starscream leave orbit under his own power he was put on an asteroid

True that he flew off the asteroid, but I wouldn't call that an interplanetary ability because he's just using his thrusters in space which I believe even the space shuttle does when already up there

An interplanetary ability would mean that he can reach space from the ground and I don't recall seeing that

10. pilot00

From last stement to first: True, I always forget that G1 is G1 universal. As you can understand I am debating about the cartoon only, as I am not that familiar with what happened in the other material. Still I believe if the bios were taken into account we would have results like the ones mentioned, where we see them clearly ignored.

As to the rest: And yet despite what we are talking about, Bee was unable to navigate entirely when he lost the 'tire', therefore giving us the same result. Also I just rewatched the first episode and he clearly has wheels underneath him, he not floating. You can see that when he gets hit by the seekers, he is coming upside down. As to Wheeljacks case, we can theorise that whatever it was that kept him afloat in vehicle mode transformed to accomodate his ability in robot mode, since he is one of the few Autobots that can fly without outside assistance. Also I still dont know what made them see better through a rainstorm in Cybertron. Care to tell me more about it?

He did flew off from Cyberton on his own power and went to earth too in order to check out what happened to the thingie (cant remember the name now). Thats how he got caught in the explosion and grounded.

11. Altered Prime

Got you but for the record the Top Spin bio I mentioned was comic not necessarily toy
    well we saw what looked like a tire but when asked what was wrong he said it was his rear axle not Tire
    yeah we said that before when he flips over it looks like a tire flies off if it is a tire, but the rest of the time he looks like it's floating I don't see nothing Underneath Him

the rainstorm was on Earth

The point I was making was that he was able to see on Seibertron with metal Shields over his windshield but on Earth with his windshield only obscured by rain he could not see, and the episode in question was one of the ultimate Doom episodes

And all of the Autobots were able to fly pretty much on the assistant in the first few episodes and even in the early season so I can't buy that excuse

not sure which episode you're talking about but the only one that I remember that sounds like that was again the ultimate Doom and Seibertron was in Earth's orbit at the time so that doesn't really qualify as interplanetary travel

12. pilot00

And we also said that it doesnt need to be a tire, just because it looks like a tire and whatever it was probably shifted durring the earth vehicle mode to resemble a tire.
    As to why you dont see it in every single frame, because no single frame of every other character in that show was accurate or the same, and they bothered with details when they wanted to show something.

And how do we know that it was metal and not a cybertronic material that while is black on the outside, it can be transparent on the inside like an interogation chamber mirror?

And all of the ark members lost that ability AFTER the pilot, except Wheeljack who is the only autobot who flew outside the pilot.

It is in the episode with exponential generator that he wanted to blow the planet. And yes not only it counts but it is. Cybertron was away from Earths orbit for an unidentified amount of time and had no effect on Earth whatsoever by that point. In simple scientific terms that means it was outside the solar system. At least.

13. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    "Fire in the Sky". Both Skyfire and Starscream flew to Earth under their own power and were separated. Understand, though, this was a flashback...and Starscream likes to lie. However, Skyfire seems to confirm the account. Also, Starscream SHOULD have been in tri-jet form...but was animated as an F-15, IIRC.

14. pilot00

I said two times already that it was the episode with the exponential generator, the one that Prime shot Megatron in gun mode to destroy the thingy in orbit. Starscream was returning FROM Cybertron in F-15 mode to earth and was caught in the blast while deorbiting. After checking the episodes name is Countdown to extinction.

EDIT: Just want to add, that fire in the sky cannont count in this, since in theory Starscream had the tetrajet (presumably, a Cybertronian nontheless) configuration at that time, and the whole thing can be considered an animation error ;) 
    EDIT2: The is no indication that he was lying, his story pretty much was confirmed by Skyfire.

15. Altered Prime

but on Earth it is as vulnerable as a tire and subject to every weakness a tire can sustain and that's kind of my point.

Well I'm Seibertron they all seem to be all terrain vehicles the without any of the concerns that an earth Tire would bring but on Earth they are subject to the weaknesses of a real Tire which would impact their innate abilities
    if you want to hang your hat on that excuse and accepted that's fine I just don't buy it
    that I could buy but then why not use it to block from the rain so I don't see it as a viable excuse

incorrect, and I thought you would have known me better by now I think I wouldn't have an example of what I'm debating LOL

G1 episode roll for it, sunstreaker and Sideswipe fly straight up into the air the fight the cons with jet Judol
    G1 episode War dawn , Orion Pax flies
    G1 season 3 episodes almost everyone flies all the time
    outside the solar system doubtful for one Starscream made the distance in a few minutes/maybe a few hours , and two he was expecting to collect all the energy from the explosion of earth on Seibertron so they had to be pretty close

By the way the episode is called Countdown to Extinction which I tend to call Aka the ultimate Doom part 4 since it's the episode just after part 3

16. Altered Prime

Yeah I wouldn't say that he was lying but I feel there's another reason to consider it as not counting

This episode seem to be using the concept that was part of the comic book background and that Seibertron was a rogue planet floating through space without a fixed position

I came to that conclusion because it seems that Skyfire and Starscream cross the distance from Seibertron Earth in moments although it could have just been an animation shortcut but the point is you one seeing you see them with Seibertron in the background and then it flips to Earth in front of them

17. pilot00

Bolded for reference and exactly what it is. They do it all the time in every cartoon there is. Or do we believe that Spike build Fortress and flew to cybertron in ten minutes?

18. Altered Prime

I get you but in the end we really can't be sure I mean think about it what sense does it make that Earth would have become an interest for Skyfire and Starscream to check out?

If it was as far away as it would seem but I don't see how they would have come across it as an Uncharted planet to check out, but if it was close then why the hell did it take Shockwave 4 million years to figure out where they had ended up.

Both of those problems get solved if you think of Seibertron as a rogue planet

19. pilot00

You cant be sure I can be pretty sure. Cybertron was knocked out of Earths orbit outside the solar system a couple episodes back so its irrelevant what its prior possition or wether it was moving or not. Its logic :D  Unless you wanted to see every single second of the trip back. Staring an F15 flying for at least a few hours on a TV sounds a bit of a waste no :p 

20. Altered Prime

Sorry but you're wrong there

CYBERTRON was only knocked out of Earth's orbit the episode before, and the way the story played out it was only possibly a few hours to a day between events

Not to mention that because of the timer on the bomb we have a pretty good idea of how long it actually took Starscream to make the trip between the two worlds, so its previous position and weather it was moving or not are hardly irrelevant

There's just no logical way you can claim to be sure about anything in this case, in fact the only logical argument that could be made is that Seibertron was not very far at all from Earth at the time