G1 Sparkabot Flint Replacements?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Cliffbee, May 28, 2012.

1. Cliffbee

Cliffbee Well-Known Member

My young nephews each got a loose G1 Sparkabot. Unfortunately one of the Sparkabots' flints became too eroded to work shortly after they bought it. My sister has purchased standard-size flints from a tobacco store, but they are too narrow to fit inside the Sparkabot properly.

Does anyone know how to obtain a proper replacement flint for Sparkabots?

2. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Which sparkabot? Guzzle, Fizzle, or Sizzle. Just curious.

You may also want to track down some firecons or monsterbots if their into flint wheels.

I'll do a bit of research. But what I've commonly heard is once a g1 sparkabots flint wheel is worn out it can't be replaced.

They are really amazing minibots though. And the sparking along with the friction motor was magic for its time. I also had a wind up godzilla that would flint out sparks in his mouth as fire breath.

3. Cliffbee

Cliffbee Well-Known Member

I used to own Fizzle and Sizzle. I believe my nephews have Sizzle and Guzzle.

Yes, they're underrated and super-cool mini-bots. :) 

Thanks in advance for any info!

4. whoamidri

whoamidri Mumbling Madman

Never tried it on a sparkabot. Have done it on Doublecross, those cheap chinese lighter flints will work just fine. What I did was take him apart and cut a piece of flint to a usable size and put back together. There was no spring in there, I later thought I could've cut the spring in the lighter and stuck in there, but haven't tried it.

5. siccoyote

siccoyote Predacon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You could stick the flint in with a bit of blue tack to hold it in place? (though I take no responsibility for this if my advice results in your house burning down.)