G1 Space Bridge?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by mrhillz, Jun 24, 2009.

1. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

There's something I've always wondered. Why wasn't this in season 3? Was there any sort of reasoning why it wasn't shown/used at all?

2. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    i always figured it was due to the condition of cybertron POST UNICRON...since he basically raped the hell out of the surface and destroyed a ton of surface structure...i figured that the cybertron side of the bridge was destroyed when shockwave's tower got toppled....

3. Atlas Prime

Atlas Prime holdin up cybertron

funny you ask, i just got season 1 off itunes and I watched one episode of it.
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    transportan to obliviation. lol

4. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The Bots & Cons tooled around a lot more in spacecraft in Season 3 (and 2 for that matter), which, while not as fast as the space bridge, seemed more versatile in many ways.

5. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    They used the space bridge in Headmasters.
    I am almost sure I saw it in at least one episode if not more.

6. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    Cause they used the warp gates that magically were there:p 

7. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    Ships were a time tested and proven technology, unlike the spacebridge which had only been in practical use for 20 years.

Seems to me the spacebridge was kind of a permanent transport solution, so they would most likely only use it on worlds where they had established a permanent presence and needed quick transport. Plus, unless they'd perfected the technology by 2005, it was hit or miss where it would land on any given planet when it was not permanently installed in one spot - not the best thing if you're trying to establish friendly relations and not terrify or harm the populace. And it could also accidentally randomly teleport you across the galaxy if conditions were right, ala Child's Play, and as explored later in Animated.

--Moony

8. Screamers

Screamers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think your right.. maybe the reason they hadn't had it in season three was because Unicron had destroyed it, along with Shockwave.

9. adamme

adamme Well-Known Member

its likely as others have said it was destroyed or that they had more access to space ships/shuttles so there was no need for the Space Bridge

10. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    This is a good point... BUT the writers of that show proved time and time again (especially by the time of season 3) to not be all that interested in continuity. So, even though your answer seems logical (and quite frankly works for me), it's doubtful that that is the actual reason for no space bridge appearances in the 3rd season.

11. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    Even if Unicron didn't destroy it I don't see how it would be much use in season 3 anyway. It seemed that the Autobots had solved some of the planets energy problems and were working on other solutions so the need to transport energy didn't appear to be necessary. If they didn't need it for that reason there was no need for it. Since they had an established base on Earth there was no need to transport troops. The small size of the Hub on Cybertron wasn't well suited for a lot of Transformers to use anyway. With all the shuttles they had and the warp gates transportation between solar systems seemed easier. You would have to have a Space Bridge set up on a plant before hand to use it and that isn't counting the fact it would only work at specific times. That is inconvenient for emergencies.

As for the Decepticons, they didn't seem to be in a position to use it either. They were too severely weakened from the battle with Unicron and had to use what they had to build up Char, which still sucked the last time we saw it. Building a tower as a hub on Char would stick out like a soar thumb and would no doubt attract the attention of the Autobots. Plus with no established base on Earth with Trypticon in space half of the time they would have to rebuild the whole thing every time they needed it unless they had a place to hide the thing. Astrotrain, Blastoff, and to a lesser extent Scourge and the Sweeps could be used as transports plus they could use the warp gates the Autobots used. Without having to wait for a specific time and having to set it up in advance they could strike and leave quickly with the energon which was a huge plus for an army that was as weakened as they were for most of the third season.

12. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The space bridge DID come back in "The Headmasters," though. Decepticons got their mojo working again and managed to build receptors on Chaar and Earth, and the Autobots finally decided to get in on the act and built a version of their own (surprise, it was orange!).

13. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

This seems to be the best answer, I never thought of this reason.
    Maybe because Shockwave was gone, the tec went with him.