Minor/Repaint: G1 Soundwave

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by UnicronHound, Apr 25, 2011.

1. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey there, this is a custom that I made a while back, only recently did I get around to finishing. I decided to fix the tape door, and repaint it. The door was painted black, but I took the paint off, sprayed gold onto it, and put a thick coat of clear nail polish on it. Also I did a tiny bit of drybrush to give it more of a grime look, and I shaved down the face, and tried to make him look more like the anime version. I also cut into the chest for more shoulder articulation, and cut off the back of the knee for better poseability. Also I know I'm a cheap bastard but the "chrome" is mechanics tape. Also the chrome of the missiles came off by soaking the missile in water for a LONG time.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I really like some of the things you've got going on here. The physical mods are good, like the shoulders and the legs.

I think some of the paint work could look a tad crisper (like the shoulder areas). I really think if you went back and tightened up some of the paint work, this would look super awesome :thumb 

Thanks for sharing :thumb 

3. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

Do the mods affect alt mode?

4. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    /\/\/\The only thing affected is if you don't pay attention you may snapped the blue plastic on the shoulders, and the knees were weak as hell before I took off the back of them.

I did the paint with an UNUSED Q-tip, when I can, I'm going to Michael's to buy some ghost grey testor's paint and redo the paint on him.