G1 Soundwave Wanted

Discussion in 'Wanted Items' started by brbolin, Feb 25, 2008.

1. brbolin

brbolin Member

I'm in a mad search for a G1-style Soundwave. After watching this past Saturday's episode of "Transformers: Animated" my 4-year old boy is "needing" a Soundwave.

I told him that the toys aren't going to be available until summer, but then made the mistake of telling him that when I was a little boy, Soundwave turned into a neat radio. Well, when he asked if it was in the attic, I had to tell him that I never actually had Soundwave (sniff, sniff :cry  ). He was a bit upset, so now I'm searching for one.

I've tagged a couple of auctions on eBay, but thought I'd also post here to see if anyone would be able to hook me up with one, or point me in a direction to search. I'm mainly searching for a slightly used one, because I will be giving it to my 4-year old son. I'm not looking for one that's $50, because I would hate to find that in the bottom of his toybox one day, and my wife would kill me. :wink: 

Anyway, if anyone could be of assistance, it'd be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!

-B

2. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    this is in the wrong section. it should be in the wanted ads section. you'll have better luck there... a mod will probably move this soon...

3. brbolin

brbolin Member

Thanks, Lumpy! My bad!

4. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

How about one that's more than used, with loose joints? But cheap :) 

5. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think I've got one if you're interested. Original G1, good shape, need to check on accessories.

6. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    i have a g1 that is complete and A toyrus classic MIB for sale

7. volpi1

volpi1 volpi1

I have a misb hasbro reissue G1 soundwave. I'm asking 40 plus shipping if you're interested. thx, coerey

8. brbolin

brbolin Member

For me, accessories would be nice, but I don't think my little boy will really care. I'd like it to be clean, and not too dinged up. Stickers aren't a problem. I can get new ones off of Reprolabels.com, so if they are worn, no big whoop.
    I'd like the joints to be tight enough to where he doesn't flop like a ragdoll, and an opening/shutting cassette door would be nice.

If it has the batteries/guns and a cassette with it, awesome, if not, again...no big deal.

FWIW, I'm wanting to keep the price < $20 (sans shipping).

One other thing...if he smokes or cusses, I don't want him. I don't want my little boy learning bad habits from him.

Thanks for the replies, everyone!