G1 Soundwave - The model kit

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by agesthreeandup, Mar 14, 2007.

1. agesthreeandup

agesthreeandup Energon Supplier

News Credits:
    I actually wanted to get some info on this before I put it on eBay but never did get the chance and now it is time to clean house and get rid of all the stuff that is sitting around the back 'office' at the store. This is one of the things that has to go.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=200089265012&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=010

Anyway, anyone ever see one of these before? I don't even remember where I got it from to be honest but I have never seen any but this one. Kind of a interesting model kit, it builds a full G1 Soundwave! The colours are a little nuts, the body is red for the most part and then there are blue and grey parts for the arms and legs. Comes with a little cassette as well but it does not transform, just has stickers on it to make it look more like a cassette.

I have collected a lot of odd Transformer non toy stuff in the past but this one has lasted the longest in my collection, just cuz it is so odd. Any information would be cool. I am at least going to keep myself a good photo record.

Spencer.

2. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

yea i've seen these before, they have ones of optimus prime and such too. i believe each of the cars and jets from the first year, have model kit verisons too.

3. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Wow! That's really cool. I would build something like that but because of it's age, I would feel really upset with myself for building a kit that could possibly be very rare. In the case of rare model kits, I would not mind owning them but I would never build them for sake of possible value.

Nice kit you have. I don't know what it's worth but it sure does look sharp and I would not be surprised if it is worth something.

Oh BTW, I just want to let you know that your "Master Grade MG Strike Gundam w/ IWSP I.W.S.P." is incorrectly listed in "Star Wars" under your items. Just being helpful.

4. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    That's very awesome. I wish those model kit knockoffs of the Valkyries and the TFs still showed up with regularity; I'd love to build a few of them from the ground up.

5. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Korean knock offs, they make everything into model kits back in the day, we got a lot of those in Taiwan when I was a kid