G1 Soundwave repairs

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Orion_Prime48, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    sorry I dont know where this goes so ill put it here

I took apart my Soundwave earlier to repair another Soundwave when I took it apart a small trianglish looking metal peice popped out before I could see where it goes so my question is this: does anyone know where it goes? cause without it the door doesnt open correctly so any help is greatly appreciated

2. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    a pic of the piece would help. For the moment it just sounds like the triangle shaped door buttons fell out. Or more likely the tab that locks the spring fell out.

3. Orion_Prime48

News Credits:
  4. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    it's the spring that opens the door. knowing that, you should be able to figure out where it goes.

5. Orion_Prime48

News Credits:
    actually I cant lol this is the first time Ive taken apart a Soundwave so I have no clue where it goes does anyone have a pic that can help me?

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    just look at the assembly and figure out where it would have to go to serve it's purpose.

7. Orion_Prime48

News Credits:
    u have a pic of where its supposed to go? ive been mulling over this all night and so far all day too I cannot figure it out

8. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

it's been quite a while since I opened my soundwave, that piece goes on to the side(forgot which one), Basically when you press the door button this metal is used to push the door out. So play around with it abit, i'm pretty sure you will figure it out(if your door doesn't open when you press the button you know you put it into the wrong place)

9. Orion_Prime48

News Credits:
    ok I got it ty for everyone for the help

10. repair_bay

repair_bay Scramble Power!

Ebay:
    I actually just took apart my Soundwave, a little bit after I read your initial post, to repaint it into Soundblaster. I'm not sure exactly what piece you're talking about, though I looked for it. Pics would definitely help.

BTW, did you have trouble taking the two halves of his torso apart? I struggled with it for a bit because of those little screws that seem to have been forced in there, I guess to keep it together better. I'm using the Hasbro Reissue version, so depending on which version you have, you may or may not have had this problem (I don't know if this was revised for the reissue or something).

11. Orion_Prime48

News Credits:
    nope I didnt have any problem with taking him apart it was the peice that makes the door pop open