G1 Soundwave reissue BACK OUT at TRU

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by KidDynamite, Jun 15, 2007.

1. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Can't see the actual auction, so I'll leave the possibility of deceit open, but I'd still call a "reissue" a "G1 Soundwave," because that's what it is. (I would, of course, be rather clear about it ALSO being a "reissue," because I think that kind of honesty is important) But I don't see anything here that's really evidence of lying.

2. Trombonus

Trombonus Member

I've been looking for months and none of the TRU's in my area ever had Soundwave in stock. I sincerely hope that he'll be coming out here now. It's the one G1 Transformer I've been dying to have.

3. darkmgmstr

darkmgmstr Blue Lantern Corps Member

Good to hear that he is coming out again. It's about time he came out. Hopefully, it won't be clusterf*ck again for Soundwave. He's an awesome figure and hopefully people have a chance to own him like I do. :thumb 

4. krazyglu

krazyglu Member

Sounds like some of you should take the trip to Maryland...
    There are some TRU's here that still have some left from the first wave, from what I can tell, TF's just don't sell well around here at all

I even found a ton of movie megatrons, and from what I can tell that seems pretty rare

I probably should invest in more and do the ebay thing, but it's never really seemed worth it

5. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    It's the small consolation prize we get for otherwise being three hours' drive away from any kind of civilization.

6. tarheels

tarheels Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just talked to my buddy at Toysrus and he said that according to his computer, Soundwave is discontinued, they have none in stock, none in transit, and none at the distrubution center. I will keep checking with him, but is does not look good for my area.

7. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I have a sealed one, and I bought one for my daughter. Maybe now I will find one in store to have one to open.

8. SPIKE

SPIKE ZONE DEFENSE!!

I wish i knew someone close to a TRU that has them. i couldn't fine any at my TRU. anyone wanna hook a brotha up?

9. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I never saw this guy on the shelves. I don't think my local TRU even ever got them. I'm glad I'm not a Soundwave fanatic like most people, or constantly missing out on this guy due to scalpers would really piss me off (as opposed to the way it mildly pisses me off now) :p 

10. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Found it here in central IN too, grabbed one about an hour ago. I checked fairly often at the two Trus around me when they were first sighted in stores but never had any luck finding one. Also $5 giftcard ftw.

11. uzi_the_klown

uzi_the_klown Well-Known Member

they dident even make aenuf of him to even meet the demand u thik they would of made l3 times as many

12. IamPRIMUS

IamPRIMUS God among mortals

Dear God I hope you ain't jerking my chain. I've wanted a G1 Soundwave ever since I first say the show, and if there are Soundwave's in my local TRU tomorrow, I'm gonna pic me up 2, one for collection and the other to have fun with.

13. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Definitely hope I find one this time

14. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Dear God, I hope the TRU here gets them. To the best of my knowledge, they never did. I don't think any TRU I ever went to (some in other states) EVER had them.

Of course I can't afford it. Maybe I can convince my parents to get it for me since I've had so much trouble finding it. And I'll pay them back when I get the money.

15. defstar

defstar Autobot...

Checked my local TRU tonight here in Texas...nothing...

16. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop!

Went to a TRU in Eugene, no Soundwave, But We did find a Movie megs at target, currently in my friends possesion.

17. ICE

ICE New Member

My Wife and I went to TRU here in evansville as soon as i saw this and apparently they had 4 left right before i got there and there was a guy checking out and he bought all 4. I had called before i left and they told me they didnt have any but of course i wanted to check for myself. I have been looking for just one of these for awhile and the day i dont go they have them. I asked the lady if they had more and she went to check but of course nothing. Oh well hopefully they will get more in.

18. iluvu_superion

iluvu_superion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    it's so lame to think that the only profit one actually makes from scalping this figure on ebay, at roughly 40-50 dollars was the going price a few months back, and it's really only a 10-15 dollar profit (say 5 for shipping), and if u think about it, all that work to drive to the store, drive back home, drive to the post office, package everything, ebay fees and paypal fees, and it's not really that profitable...i'm sure you can work at ur job for an hour or 2 and make that profit easy...but yeah...i ended up buying mine off ebay for 46 shipped...so the guy really only made 10 bucks...or so...meh...

19. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    I got mine for $40 shipped off ebay, so the guy probably lost money after the eBay/Paypal double dip.

20. actionfigure73

actionfigure73 Patriot Prime Reviews

News Credits:
    I lucked out with a pre-order from TRU/amazon.
    $29.99
    Though it took me over 4 months to finally get him.
    Of course my nearest TRU is 87 miles away.