g1 soundwave questions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by starman72, Mar 16, 2012.

1. starman72

starman72 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    ok, i still have my original soundwave. he's an old favorite, and i'm starting to try to restore hm. i just got a junker sw off ebay, and eagerly tried to perform a head transplant operation. the peg from my original was broken 25-odd years ago, and the head long since lost. anyway, i discovered that the hinge/peg/neck piece from the junker is larger than the one from my original. much frustration. then i noticed that my old soundwave has a takara stamp inside, whereas the junker does not.

so, are there variations on the g1 soundwave? mine is a pre-rub, and apparently takara made, '84 model. the junker seems to be a later-made version, but it has no door, so i can't tell about it's rubsign, and there's no takara or hasbro marking in the same location as the other has (inside the 'battery compartment')

any advice and/or production knowledge is appreciated.

2. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Pictures? I know the play, rewinds etc buttons are actually recessed into the originals body. Later versions (reissues) have the entire piece the buttons are molded on stick out.

3. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    FredsWorkshop.com go to complete guide to variations, then everything else decepticon and you'll find soundwave's variations there
    the slotted vs solid fist should be an easy clue to see which it is