G1 Sound effect

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Kanderus, May 23, 2007.

1. Kanderus

Kanderus New Member

Bear with me if this has bee mentioned before. This is my first post EVER on these forums, although I have been coming to the site for months now.

I heard the G1 transforming sound effect in the new trailer...it made me smile =) However I noticed it only did it when Optimus transforms. Is he the only one that will carry this sound effect in the film? Was it only used in the trailer? Will only autobots use the sound? Gahhhh so many questions! I remember reading a guy's review of his test screening and he mentioned that the G1 sound effect was in full force, however when we see Megatron, Blackout, Starscream, Bumblebee transform in the trailer(s) we don't hear "the sound". We hear clinking metal parts and whatnot. I hope Bay and his team decide to leave it in the movie, and make it more prodominant. I know Bay wants "realism" but at the same time...these are fucking Robots that transform into cars...they can have that sound effect and not hurt his view or direction.

2. Ritesh_Prime

Ritesh_Prime THE PHIL!

News Credits:
    My Guess is it will be in the movie, with all of the Transformers, but in the Trailer when Optimus pulls up, it is a very dramatic moment and they figured it would be smarter to put it in there then.

My Theory...

3. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

It will apparently be used in some way, but integrated into a more natural sound. It won't appear as you heard it in the trailer according to writer Bob Orci, sorry!
    ...And welcome!

4. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    It sounded awfully out of place in the trailer. I hope it's use is kept to a minimum.

5. DeceptiKreep

DeceptiKreep Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it was meant to just get the attention of the major G1 fans that were complaining about this .... I hope that we see it in some form in the movie ....

6. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I hope they can integrate it better into the final film as well. The sound effect as Prime transformed in the trailer was definitely tacked on and horribly out of place. Can;t wait to see how it turns out.

7. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

As much metal thats moving and morphing in battle, you probably won't hear it crystal clear (ala G1). I think it will be a subdued effect reserved for quiet time.

Nice homage regardless.

8. Skitch76

Skitch76 Well-Known Member

I wondered if the squealy/screamy sound we heard in the teaser ("the only lead we have is this sound") would be replaced with the original effect in the final version.

9. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

I hope it isn't used at all. Horribly out of place and distracting.

In truth, I was really hoping it was simply a nod to the fans and only in the trailer.

10. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    It really made me happy to hear the original sound in connection with these guys transforming. If it ends up being used by the other robots, I'll love it.

11. Autobot_X

Autobot_X Well-Known Member

SPOILER!

According to the leaked script, the squealing sound is not the transformers talking, but them hacking into a computer... like a modem connecting.

12. Skitch76

Oh man, it's taking everything I have to not highlight that! I highlighted just one word at a time, got to the word 'squealing', and just couldn't finish it. Like, how bad does it spoil it...or by telling me, will you spoil it even worse? Aggh, I can't take it!

:p 

13. Skitch76

OK, I had to do it (no self-control I tell ya!). Not that bad.

14. Autobot_X

Autobot_X Well-Known Member

Not really that much of a spoiler, I was being cautious more than anything, it just clears up the sound u hear in that trailer. But it does hint at a part of the film from the army base (if the leaked script is anything to go by).

EDIT: never mind =p

15. rabbit prime

rabbit prime Well-Known Member

dude when i heard that ound i squieled like a kid who won the toys r us shopping spree!

16. Swiftstalker

Swiftstalker Member

I was not expecting them to use the sound, and then I read report from someone who saw a sneak preview at a convention and said that they had for Blackout. I was excited and kind of saddened that I'd ruined it for myself. In the context of the trailers, we've seen Blackout start to transform, BB start to transform and the tail end of OP's transformation. It got me thinking: maybe it's the sound when their "core" transforms - head, chest, etc. The arms and legs seem very specific to their disguises, as though they are more of an accessory - so assembling those is simply a matter of moving metal around. This may also explain BB's injuries: In the prequel comic he loses an arm that is easily fixed up; in the trailer, it apppears something happened to his legs, but he's still OK - yet the Autobots don't have the time or resources to fix his voicebox, which is in his core.

Part of me hopes they stick with it for all the TFs, especially now that they've teased us with it. On the other hand, I imagine it could get VERY annoying it a pitched battle scene with lots of transforming going on. And the clanging and ratcheting sounds are pretty cool.

17. SoundWave2007

SoundWave2007 Well-Known Member

i honestly dont know why you would make a transformers movie and not have them have a transformation sound other then metal banging around. i was estatic when i hear dthe g1 sound when optimus transformed in the trailer. i agree tho that the sound seemed a bit off so obviously for them to do the sound the timing of it would be really crucial.

18. Skitch76

I think it would be bad-ass to hear it going on in an intense chase/fight scene. I agree that based on Prime's head popping out, maybe the sound would be for the "core". But I can totally picture a big edge-of-your-seat thing where they're transforming back and forth and the noise is there.

19. turk128

turk128 Well-Known Member

Maybe the reason why only Prime has the G1 sound is because he makes the noise himself ;) 

20. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It does sound a bit out of place in the trailer, but it really grabs people's attention. My experience is people are pretty so-so up until that point, the Optimus Transformation and that sound really grabs them and sells it. I'm hoping it's integrated in a bit better in the film.