G1 Slugslinger Variants?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by UnicronHound, Oct 28, 2007.

1. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey there, I recently cracked open my sealed shipping box that contained two Slugslingers and examined them, one is starting to yellow so I'm keeping that one, and the other is being traded off to ZD. They both are identical except for the yellowing of mine, and I noticed that the one I'm trading has the four no smoking cricles on his chest in silver chrome, whilst mine has golden ones. Is the golden one rare, or just a common occurance? I'm just curious, and NO I'm not selling him, so don't ask. Any help would be appreciated.
    Picture of the Slugslinger I'm trading see his chest, how it has four circles?:
    [​IMG]

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Does Fred's page have anything?

What about TFU?

Both good places to check.

3. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

No smoking circles :lol 

Interesting though, there's all sorts of weird variants on the old stuff.

4. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TFU has nothing about it, and to be honest I forgot all about Fred's Workshop, just checked and he has nothing on it either. I just checked Cobra Island Toys too, and nothing. Does anyone else have a Slugslinger with the gold circles? Also it is a real transformer, not a knockoff.

5. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Old Git

News Credits:
    On my original the circles are all the same blue as the rest of the chest - no silver or gold.

6. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    I have two and both yellowing. But they are both with identical chest and look like this.
    [​IMG]

7. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

Probably means the little chrome wore off.... I have had one for years it is pretty badly yellowed on the grey parts. You can tell it used to have silver chrome though, but it wore off.

I took mine apart just now, I'm makin him black an white, he's gonna look bad ass. I'm searchin for screenshots because Im lazy and dont want to dig out the dvd, but I may have to. Not many pics of this dude out there.

I'm thinkin he was actually a very dark blue in the toon, but Im goin with the black, already sprayed most of the blue parts, gotta walk to the store for some white spray paint and its on! He should be done tommorrow....

His pink visor will be red as well, and his "wing guns" will be chromed. Hopefully after paintin the hands, he will be able to hold BIS Cyclonus gun.

8. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

I'm finished, I started at like 7 this morning or whatever. He looks frig-kin BadAss. Thats all I can say. He still cant hold the BIS gun without it floppin this way and that.
    I left the face the way it was, even the pink visor, to keep the essence of the character. I wish I had a camera to show you guys. He basically looks like a Raider fan lol! Lookin savage! I gotta get this dude his gun!
    I think for the Steelhaven crew, I will just buy faded "junkers" with tight joints, and just repaint them, I noticed I could have made a Seeker from this mold, also how Crosshairs could make for a Trailbreaker repaint if one were so inclined. I'm not, but I just noticed that today...