Customs: G1 Slag Dinosaur Head and Hun-Gurrr Arm Disassembly

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Lunar Archivist, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

For the twin purposes of repair and refurbishing, I'm disassembling a G1 Slag and a G1 Hun-Gurrr. Unfortunately, I've run into some trouble and was hoping someone here might be able to help.

I'm unable to figure out a way to separate Slag's triceratops head from his frill and how to disassemble Hun-Gurrr's arms. I've heard that a soldering iron would probably help in the latter case, but not only am I all thumbs when it comes to tools, I also don't have access to one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'll post pics of the end results. Thanks! :) 

2. Lunar Archivist

Come on...anyone? :( 

3. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    I was working a bit on my G1 Dinobots (trying to articulate 'em, but I put 'em aside to work on other stuff first). If I remember correctly, you need to open the chest and unscrew the three screws inside (one under the head and two deep inside the chest.....one near the middle and one further down).

The top screw holds the red metal part of the chest to the back plastic part. Unscrew this and then remove the screw at the bottom of the inside part of the chest. This screw will remove the "wings" from his back (sides of the dino mode). Now remove the last screw (the one in the center). This screw holds the silver dino head crest and dino head together. After removing those, you should be able to slide them up and off of the post.

Hope that helps you out, man.

4. Lunar Archivist

Finally, a response! :) 

I appreciate your suggestions, hXcpunk23, but I'm afraid I'm currently at a later point in disassembly. I'm trying to separate the chrome frills from the actual triceratops head (the transparent brown part to which the red horns are attached), but the two seem to be locked together and I can't seem to find a way to separate them short of breaking off a piece of the latter. :( 

Thanks for the help attempt, though. :D