G1 Sky Lynx Questions

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by MECHADOOM, Sep 29, 2006.

1. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

Hey hey, I have a few questions regarding the G1 Sky Lynx toy and character. I was wondering...
    1:For those of you that have him, how long is the toy shuttle component, from nose to thrusters?
    2:This has more to do with how he was portrayed in the comics and show... do you think that Sky Lynx is an earth sized shuttle, or an Autobot sized shuttle stylized after an earth shuttle? I know that he could carry Autobots on the show, but there could have been mass/size shifting involved.

The reason that I'm asking is because I'd like to know if the original toy is in scale with the World's Smallest Transformers, or if it would be better to kitbash a new one at a different size.

Thank you all very much for any replies.

2. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Skylynx shuttle is about 9 inches long. In the show, there is definately mass shifting involved in him to transport the Autobots. I think that the shuttle would be in scale with the WSTFs, but not in bird mode.

3. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

probably mass shifting involved. I remember that the combaticon Blastoff was smaller than a human shuttle.

4. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I never understood the fascination with Sky Lynx. I thought it was a pretty stupid toy, overall, compared to other Transformers. His behavior in the comic and his voice on the show did nothing to win me over, either. Can someone explain to me why he commands such high eBay prices?

-Tony!

5. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

...I don't know for sure, but he may have been a limited release back in the day, overpriced, or, like you said, such a stupid toy that nobody wanted him, making him kinda rare. That said, you're probably all too familiar with how a rare toy can command high prices, regardless of how mediocre it is. *cough*alt swerve*cough*

But, just to stay on topic, I don't have him and don't know how big he is, but, yes...there must have been some mass shifting involved on Sky Lynx's part, much like Blast Off/Astrotrain.

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    He's a victim of Season 3's inconsistent sizing more than anything else.
    Which reminds me, I need to get a lower section for mine sometime.