G1 Skids original and reissue differences.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by necrocron9, Nov 30, 2009.

1. necrocron9

necrocron9 Well-Known Member

Can someone tell me what differences there are with Encore, Commemrative and Original G1 Skids? I've been meaning to get one but can't find a good reveiw. Which would you get? Appreciate the help.

2. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I don't know, as I haven't owned any of them (sadly, looks like a really cool G1 piece), but based on what I've seen, the Encore should be just like the original G1, aside from trademark stamping (maybe?), but will have all the nice chromed weapons and such. Judging from pictures, I don't think Skids has any launching missiles, but from what I understand, encore keeps those intact, where the Commemorative removes the springs and elongates the missiles (aside from Jazz, who kept his springs, but does have the longer missiles). The Commemorative reissues also forego the chrome and have simple black weapons.

This is assumptions, like I said, but it's better than no answer. :)  I'm sure someone more knowledgable will correct me if I'm wrong.

3. necrocron9

I think one has blue tinted windows, but no chrome or different stickers. I wish I knew the better one to buy or even which is cheaper or better quality.

4. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Well, check your preferred online stores for prices... I think last I saw, Encore Skids was $5 cheaper than the Hasbro reissue.

5. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    Encore Skids - The Allspark Forums

6. necrocron9

awsome this helps out big time thanks.

7. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    You're welcome. :)