G1 Skids MAYDAY! HELP! S.O.S.! ETC...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Moroni Prime, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    I desperately need to replace the red pelvic section of G1 Skids one of the two clamps that holds the top and bottom half of Skids together has busted clean off. How does one go about disassembling the lower torso for G1 Skids? Is there some kind of way to take out the blue hip circles?

2. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

You'll probably get a better response in Toyark.

3. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

Hey Dude, I just looked at the Skids on my shelf, and it would appear that there is, likely, a pin, or some other connecting fastener, located behind those blue circles on his hips. However, my Skids has decals directly over the blue circles, so, I can't even attempt to remove them. Not even sure how to start, to be honest. I'll have to put some thought into how to do it without screwing up any of the plastic pieces.

Do the blue circles appear to be glued in place? If its a press fit, perhaps (and I'm really grasping here) you could apply some dry ice to the blue circles to shrink them just enough to slip out or knock out by tapping on the black plastic around the circle. Not sure how much that type of plastic will contract at dry ice temps, though.

4. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

what'd i'd do is just by a cheap skids from ebay or something, all you need is the body... and replace the part/parts you need. assuming you want to replace it. or do you already have a second waist?

5. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

BAH! You and your practical solutions! :lol 

Kidding...that may be the best way to do it without ending up with a totally fubar'd TF.

6. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nope you're screwed.....Nah j/k I have no idea why I am here.:confused2