G1 Shout Factory Season 1 DVD Review

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by An Army of Bees, Jul 4, 2009.

1. An Army of Bees

An Army of Bees WTF@TFW Podcast Editor Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Before watching, this is mainly an audio-based review, as I didn't have a way to rip footage, and I haven't quite gotten the hang of my camera, which the next reviews use extensively. Enough excuses! Onto the material!

YouTube - Episode 7- secretcode reviews ShoutFactory TF G1 S1 DVD Set

Rate, Comment and Subscribe!

Disclaimer: The argument about G1 not aging well was strictly aimed at the quality of the cartoon itself, that being the animation and story. The voice acting and characters have stood the test of time so far.

2. An Army of Bees

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Gah, can I get this moved to the video subforum?

3. Optibotimus

Optibotimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    fair enough review..but i think you're unfairly taking points away because of the grainy video. If i'm not mistaken, shout has said they weren't able to use the original master copies to fix things up the way they wanted to. The re-release of the movie was easier for sony to do cause they had that master copy.

4. An Army of Bees

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yeah, it wasn't Shout Factory's fault at all. Despite problems with the video itself, I'm glad to see they managed to put out a solid release. I might have to pick up the other seasons as well. They were resourceful by using the Rhino DVDs and YouTube uploads as a fallback for fixing what they could, so I'll give them credit on that one.

Score wise, aside from the mini-documentary (I really should have covered that more) is the only saving grace for the bonus disc. Without it, and it would have been a waste.

Also, a follow-up: According to their website, they only have the rights for G1 as of now. Here's hoping they get the chance for Beast Wars...

NEXT VIDEO: secretcode reviews: ROTF Ravage