G1 Shockwave Repair?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by LadyStarscream, Nov 18, 2006.

1. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

I have in front of me a G1 Shockwave, his sounds work, but not his lights. Am I doing something wrong, is there a switch or something? Can the lights be repaired? All the wiring is still intact it appears.

So here goes, is he worth repairing?

Sound works, no lights?

He also needs his purple shoulder replaced on the fisted arm.
    And possibly a new screw.

His head is detached, but intact! I just cant figure out how to reattched it or what it hooks too?

The nub on the end of the laser gun hand has been broken/perhaps chewed (eww!) off! But I have the nub.

In any case, is he worth repairing? He's got the battery cover and the gun cover!

Are there any sites that explain shockwave restoration in detail?
    Can anyone help? Thanks!

2. Octane

Octane Soul Crusher

The bulb is probably blown. It will be quite a difficult task to fix. Just let it alone.

3. LadyStarscream

Yeah, thanks!

The more I look at him, I realize he is kinda sad. I might glue him for display, or sell him for parts. It might be best to just invest in a good one.

I figured out how to attach his head, but it wont stay up due to the plastic seperation on his body. Oh well, it was atleast worth a thought, just trying to save some money!

4. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Take any parts off of yours (detachable ones) that are usually missing off of Shockwaves, and just buy a junker/incomplete one, then put the new bits on.

5. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

What Dirge said. Or, there are lots of us here that may be able to help you fix yours...post pics if you have the means. I like fixin stuff.

6. LadyStarscream

I did some work on him this afternoon and he doesnt look half bad.
    He should hold me over nicely until I break down and spend the 100 bucks or so on a good one. The funny thing with this one, with all his flaws, his hose is perfect! :lol 
    I'll try to get a pic up of him later,
    been working on a G1 Megs as well.

7. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

Funny how some of the hoses on Shockwave are in good shape and some are totally fubar (kinda like autobot car tires).

I've got a few spare G1 Megatron stock parts (stock butt, and a couple of the connector type parts), if you're interested, but I gave away the spare bot parts I had.