G1 Shockwave question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bjjer, Oct 28, 2007.

1. Bjjer

Bjjer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a chance to buy a G1 Shockwave for $100.00 near mint no hose crack and working electronics, is it a good deal? will there ever be a reissue?

2. Roanoke Convoy

Roanoke Convoy Decepticon Minivan

I was in the market a few months ago for Shockwave - I monitored EBay like a hawk. Shockwave is hard to find for a good price in good condition. $100 seems quite fair - provided he comes with the gun barrel and his laser tip isn't broken. The barrel alone could set you back $15 - $20 if its not included. From time to time, there were some decent deals on EBay for him, but they were very few and very far between on this guy.

I ultimately got mine off the boards for $85 shipped, which included working electronics, hose with some minor cracks, fully intact laser tip, gun barrel, and even directions. I'd say if yours is complete, $100 is a fair deal.

The likelihood of a re-issue on this guy is extremely unlikely.

3. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's a good deal IMO. I don't think there will ever be a reissue due to nobody knowing who owns the rights to the mold, but I've heard here that one of the high quality KOs that are coming up is Shockwave, and I doubt THAT would be much cheaper then $100, if it is cheaper at all. So go for it.

4. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    $100 seems to be a good deal! Especially if the hose has no cracks and the electronics are working? I suggest you check the "legs" see if the joints are tight...some collectors I know (in my country) have noticed that G1 Shockwave seems to have a slight problem with the legs.

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    $100 for a complete (as in with the barrel) G1 Shockwave with working electronics, no breakage on the clear parts, and no cracking on the hose is a very good price indeed IMO. As Liger Prime mentioned, Shockwave's legs can become loose, but it's an easy fix; I fixed mine and it took maybe 10 minutes, if that. I'd say go for it, he's a great toy.

6. CrackerBoy

CrackerBoy SeƱor Member TFW2005 Supporter

How did you fix the legs??? mine has 1 loose one.

7. Dayvcon

Dayvcon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    mine has 1 loose leg also.

how do i fix this

8. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    The problem with Shockwave's lower legs collapsing is due to the little clip inside the lower leg either wearing or bending away from where it clips into over time.
    Unscrew the lower leg. Put a few layers of thin adhesive tape (Sellotape or the like) on the inside of the purple part of the leg like so:
    [​IMG]
    and put the leg back together. The fix is totally unnoticable in either mode, and should make the leg work fine. :) 

Incidentally. If any of you are worried about screws coming loose on old TF you fix, here's a little tip. When you put the screw back in, place it in the hole and turn it slowly anti-clockwise (with no pressure on the screw). You should feel when the tip of the screw finds the original screwthread in the plastic. Then you can simply screw it in like normal.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2007
  9. Dayvcon

News Credits:

dood thanks im so ganna be doing this

10. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

Thanks for the tips Draven. I'll have to try that method to fix my Shockwave (one loose leg on mine also).

11. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Wow! Thanks for the tip, Draven! I will attempt to tighten my Shockwave's knee later! :D 

12. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Happy to help guys. This trick also works for G1 Megatrons, incidentally. :) 

13. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    It works for Megs too? Dang! My G1 Megs is way beyond repair but I notice that my reissue Megs does have a "knee" problem - thanks once again, dude!

14. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

About 2 years ago my friend who sells stuff on Ebay came across a minty Shockwave , no problems at all, and it went for $280. $100 is a great deal - GO FOR IT!

15. Optimus Kharnal

Optimus Kharnal Well-Known Member

I got a steal on my shockwave last november. I was at a toy collectors expo here in town and a guy was selling him for $35 fully complete with working electronics, lights, no broken tip and included blaster head, only thing is that there is very minor hose cracking but its not bad at all. I couldn't believe the deal i got.

16. Dayvcon

News Credits:
    the tape thingy for shockwave worked thanks =)

17. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Excellent! Glad I could help :)