2D Artwork: G1 Shockwave Commission

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Crobot91, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    RECENT COMMISSION I DID FOR MY BUDDY DELTA STAR (a.k.a. reprolabels.com), ENJOY... :) 

[​IMG]

For those interested, check out my previous commissions/past works at the following links:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-fan-art/244980-g1-custom-concrete-mixer-commission.html
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...lordvsgodginrai-gijoe-baronessvsscarlett.html
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...ecepticon-gestalts-choose-your-favourite.html
    2D Artwork: Crobot91's Beast Wars Universe Rejected Material - TFW2005 - The 2005 Boards
    2D Artwork: Crobot91's Beast Wars Sourcebook Pencils & Inks - TFW2005 - The 2005 Boards
    2D Artwork: Crobot91's G1 Optimus Prime & Wolverine & Batman Team-Up - TFW2005 - The 2005 Boards
    2D Artwork: Crobot91's G1 Misfire & Carnivac Vs. Skyfall - TFW2005 - The 2005 Boards
    2D Artwork: Crobot91's BW Optimus Primal Vs. Megatron - TFW2005 - The 2005 Boards
    2D Artwork: Crobot91's G1 Devastator - TFW2005 - The 2005 Boards
    2D Artwork: Crobot91's G1 Arcee - TFW2005 - The 2005 Boards
    2D Artwork: PREDAKING vs. PIRANACON - who would win? - TFW2005 - The 2005 Boards
    2D Artwork: G1 Shockwave - TFW2005 - The 2005 Boards
    2D Artwork: Kissplay SamiWCP & Prime - TFW2005 - The 2005 Boards
    2D Artwork: CROBOT91: TF The Movie 1986 - TFW2005 - The 2005 Boards
    2D Artwork: G1 Sequential Illustrations - TFW2005 - The 2005 Boards
    http://www.reprolabels.com/main.asp
    Crobot's Awesome Website (outdated, needs to be updated...)

Professional Work Resume:
    Titan UK's TRANSFORMERS: THE MOVIE #18 (Inker)
    IDW's TRANSFORMERS: SPOTLIGHT DOUBLEDEALER #1 (Inker)
    IDW's TRANSFORMERS: BEAST WARS SOURCEBOOK TPB (Interior Pencils & Inks for various pages)
    IDW's TRANSFORMERS: BEAST WARS SOURCEBOOK #4 (Front Cover Artwork, Back Cover Artwork, Interior Pencils & Inks - Skywarp, Snarl, Stampy, Thrust, Tigerhawk, Transmutate, & Tripledacus)
    IDW's TRANSFORMERS: BEAST WARS SOURCEBOOK #3 (Interior Pencils & Inks - Powerpinch, Randy, Rattrap, Rattrap TM, Razorclaw, Rhinox, Rhinox TM, Scissor Boy, Silverbolt FZ)
    Dreamwave's TRANSFORMERS: G1 (Vol.3) #0 (Fan Art Pencils)
    Night Realm's SCENTURUS #2 (Interior Pencils & Inks)
    Night Realm's SCENTURUS #1 (Interior Pencils)

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2009
  2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Shockwave looks a bit crowded in the illustration plane, but other than that I think you did a really nice job :thumb 

(btw, please attach all images to your posts :wink: )

3. Boltax

Boltax I'm a Veronica man.

What in the heck is Whisper aiming at? I don't get his pose at all. He's looking at his fist while he swings his gun wildly? It... no, it just doesn't make even the slightest bit of sense. It's like you drew all his parts randomly, without thinking about him as a whole character and trying to consider what he's meant to be expressing.

Also, I don't think you really captured the character's appearance very accurately.

Shockwave and him clearly don't exist in the same spatial plane -- in fact I'd venture to say that Shockwave doesn't exist in the same spatial plane as his legs.

I kinda like the Mack Truck design guy -- very late-G1 European feel to him... but the Shockwave and Whisper picture is pretty bad.

Was your client satisfied with it?

--Boltax.
    (On another note -- I was always taught that an artist's signature should be a PART of an image. It should balance it -- not, y'know, stick out as an ugly glaring piece of incongruity.)

(Seriously, though... what the heck is Whisper doing with his gun?)

4. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Whisper looks like he's kicking Shockwave in the back.

5. Crobot91

News Credits:
    Thanks for the feedback. Delta Star wanted the two in a sketch and I figured I was interested in portraying the micromaster as a bratty toddler running around behind the authoritative-type Shockwave. Whisper is not really aiming, just acting childish and running/flying around with complete disregard for anyone's safety (much like my 2-yr nephew does in my house, lol). Shockwave is a bit perplexed and worried about a potential stray bullet (hence the ducking/squatting pose).

Delta was happy with the work since he only asked for a 8x11 quick rough sketch and I ended up giving him a bit more.

6. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
  7. Crobot91

News Credits:
  8. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits: