G1 Seeker Size/Scale

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Th0r4z1n3, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    Does anyone knew what scale they used for the G1 Seeker molds, or roughly what model scale would at least be close. I know they're not exact replicas of F-14's but the body style is close enough and I wouldn't mind getting some decals to give the alt mode a more realistic look. Any help would be awesome :D 

2. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

Well, a real-life F-15 Eagle is 19.5 m (63.8 feet) long. A G1 seeker is roughly 19.2 cm (7.56 inches) long. So the toy is roughly 1:100 scale unless my math is completely off. :) 

3. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

hard to tell with G1. Ultra Magnus' armor mode towered over Scramble City type Gestalts (though not Predaking). Not sure if Magnus towered over say, Liokaiser

4. llmutu

llmutu New Member

:thumbs2:  i agree with you~~maybe 1:100 for Seeker,but for other G1 toys who knows the scale?

5. Movie PRIME

Movie PRIME Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think he is just looking for the seekers scale compared to the real jets, not how the G1 figs scale to each other. That way he knows how big to make the stickers he wants to put on them.

As to the OP's question I hove no idea, but I hope my statement helps to focus this thread so you find your answer faster. :) 

6. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ahhh, thanks for the quick response; EXACTLY what I wanted to know :thumbs2:  A G1 Seeker is 7.5 inches long & an F-15 Eagle at 1/100 is 7.3 inches long, these should work just fine... now to find a nice set of decals at that size. :D 

7. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

The article on TFWiki was where I got my real-life F-15 Eagle dimensions from, I just used my trusty ruler for the actual toy. :)  It also has measurements for a few other characters and relevant links:

Scale - Transformers Wiki

No problemo. :)  Just be aware that the scale is technically closer to 1:101 - you can double-check the math with a calculator - but I went with a nice round figure since I'm pretty sure that decals are easier to find when you're not dealing with random figures. I'm not a model kit expert, though, so I could be wrong...