G1 Season Three Episode: Call of the Primitives

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Omegax80, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    It was haphazard and the fact that a one off animation studio did this episode is probably telling to how they chose to use some things improperly. The left out dialogue is the biggest mystery and we know that they did this frequently in light of the raw recordings that have come out of Season 1 episodes. The Matrix being in the episode though COULD be referenced in a later tale even if it wasn't important in this story. We do know that Donald Glut wasn't fond of Transformers, or the episodes that he wrote. But continuity sometimes works between episodes even if it wasn't originally intended. Look at The Search for Alpha Trion. It was implied that Optimus Prime and Elita One were made by Alpha Trion and later episodes jumped in on this and expanded upon it.

I wrote a previous post hoping to try and connect some of the dots and I'm curious as to what any of you think. I'd still like to iron out my theory about who the assistant was. Note that he says "The Primacron's assistant." I wonder if that means Primacron is what he IS not his name. Also I think Primacron was pretty much designed to be like the Wizard of Oz in that you think him bigger than he is.

2. JLvatron

JLvatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not a fan of the "13" tales, nor of merging cartoon & comic continuities.
    But I like your explanation, it's pretty good and joins the base elements nicely.

As for Primacron's Assistant, I definitely like the idea of him being linked to the Transformers and the Matrix.

Within the Cartoon-verse, I think he could have been "killed" by Unicron as shown, and his life essence escaped within his spark housing, the Matrix. Knowing Unicron's design schematics and therefore weaknesses, he guided the Matrix to the most noble race in the universe, so they could use its wisdom to 1 day destroy Unicron.
    Sensing the Quintessons' Cybertronian robots at the cusp of sentience and independence, this Matrix found it's way to the highest level Consumer Goods robot; making him the 1st Prime and bearer of what would later be known as the Autobot Matrix of Leadership.

3. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

All this is good and well, but we dont know the connection of Vector Sigma and the Matrix, and who the "Thing" is. Most speculate its the first Prime, but....

4. JLvatron

News Credits:
    I'm quite fine with Vector Sigma and the Matrix.
    Vector Sigma has its own function of life giver, while the Matrix is wisdom power and a life "accesser" (can access past Autobot leaders and Alpha Trion inside Vectore Sigma)

Which Thing are we talking about?

5. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

Sure it expanded on that idea but it did sell like creating a continuity mistake of its own

As you said it was originally implied that Alpha What their maker but it was not confirmed
    The next time we see Alpha they speak as if it's common knowledge
    I can see both of those as fitting in

6. pilot00

As I said, we dont know the connection between the three. They have a connection, The Matrix even depleted can be used to activate Vector Sigma, and It is quite possible that the Thing (which resides within the Matrix) is possible a product of Vector Sigman (speculation on my part).But beyond that, we dont know anything else.

The Thing is the Skull faced autobot leader that was first seen by Rodimus durring his sojurn inside the Matrix and later was the one that talked to Optimus Prime about the plague. It appeared after Optimus traveled beyond all Autobot leaders seeking their counsel.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Altered Prime

oh boy you really need to rewatch the series my friend:D 

Rodimus did not encounter any skull faceed autobots When he entered the matrix

8. JLvatron

News Credits:
    Good memory! I had forgotten that Rodimus Prime had 1st seen him.
    But why call him the Thing?

In your haste to put a fellow forum-er down, you missed Rodimus Prime's 1st voyage into the Matrix, during his death scene.
    Guess Pilot isn't the 1 who needs to rewatch the series.

9. greboguru

greboguru Psychedelic Brainchild

I think pilot00 is referring to "It":

It - Transformers Wiki

10. Altered Prime

I put nobody down

But I did make a mistake but the mistake was in not seeing how others could view something differently than I did

In the image you referring to I just saw a breakdown of the robot with it's armour being removed

But I can see how he can be perceived the way pilot suggested so I stand corrected

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  11. pilot00

I was refering to the "ghost" sequence where the autobot forms were exploding. Well yeah kinda messed up the sequences, where did they show that? Anyway the point still stands :D 

12. pilot00

Chill dudes its k. I know Altered Prime can be a bit passionate all is k. Yeah that was what I refered. I mostly go from memory, but yeah it was "It" not "thing".

13. JLvatron

News Credits:
    Terrible name, either way!
    Why isn't he known as the 1st Prime? Or at least the 2nd Matrix bearer? (1st being Primacron's assistant)

14. greboguru

"It" is called that only in the script. That's basically the entity's "working name" -- we don't know what it was actually named, or hell, what it actually was. It closely resembles the skull face of a Quintesson... But that doesn't tell us much. And we don't actually know that It was the first Prime. We don't know what it was or who it was at all. One could guess that It was an early, ancient Quintesson who built the Matrix -- or perhaps a Quintesson was cannibalized to create the Matrix? It's all pure conjecture. We just don't know.

15. pilot00

Ye, however Optimus meets it after he passes what appears to be all past Matrix berers so it could be theorized he was a Prime as well.

16. greboguru

Theorized, sure, but does It really seem like an Autobot to you? Or even like a Transformer? I mean... calling it "a Prime" would be assuming a lot. We know It has something to do with the Matrix, but that's all we know.

17. Altered Prime

Because there's no solid evidence that the assistant was ever a beater of the actual Matrix

18. Altered Prime

:cool: 

19. hendrijr

hendrijr Well-Known Member

Was the Animation by the same studio that worked on the movie? I ask because some of the character poses in that episode look reused but slightly recolored from the film.

20. Altered Prime

But do we know the one Optimus meet is the same one that Rodimus see in hus first vision?