G1 Season 4

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Why did it get cancelled they just brought Prime back, and Galvatron compalining to Zarak about how useless is Skorponok and that he is going to creat a bigger planet, we all knew that their would be a continuation. But what was the biggest reason why they stopped and Japan continued?

2. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    Money.

3. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

The show was canceled before "the rebirth".

Which is the reason some US markets did not get an airing of "the rebirth".

The show was doing poorly durring the season 3 airing, the show tried to stay afloat by bringing back Optimus Prime but most of the networks that were buying the show had already decided to drop it.

"the rebirth" was originally produced as a 5 part PILOT for a new series, not a 4th season.

But even that idea was dropped due to lack of interest in a few tv markets.

4. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

so basically its cause of The Movie it was poorly after right? and the characters werent as interesting as season 1 and 2 characters

5. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    They overestimated children.

6. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Pfff....what a stupid excuse lol

7. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Some do blame the film and the season 3 characters.

But I think its goes far deeper then that.

I feel the targeted market just lost interest in both the toyline and the show.Keeping the attention of kids isint easy, and the "gimmick" of transforming toys, 2 toys in 1, was no longer enough to hold the kids attention.

I also feel that the shift to "futuristic" vehicles also hurt the line.

I know for me and my budies, one of the draws of the line was that everyday vehicles could be a TF, that the car's we saw on the streat could be a tf...in our imaginations.

After the film most TF characters no longer had that appeal.
    what excuse fo you mean?

8. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

I think he's referring to Takeshi357's comment.

9. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

ahh, thanks

10. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    That definitely seems to be the general consensus when it comes to the whole "what went wrong with Season 3" discussions - that the transition from Earth to space and all the alt modes no longer really being disguises as much as just futuristic alien vehicles progressively made people check out one by one. That, and the animation getting downright abysmal probably didn't help matters much.

11. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    Or maybe it was just, you know, Optimus Prime dying.

12. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Basically it is because of all the children that complain still today about Rodimus and him being guilty of Optimus death. Thank you.

I love Season 3.

13. gregles

gregles quintesson

I personally love season 3 and feel kinda defensive towards it but anyway the reason it died could have something to do with the bulk of its target audience growing up, going to college or getting a girlfriend etc. most tv shows aimed at kids have roughly a 5 year max length were they are huge profit machines. I mean look at the curent big thing Ben 10 in 5 years time it will still have a bit of a following but its unlikley to be the licence to print money it is currently. The Key to transformers survival as a franchise beyond the death of g1 lies in its ability to reinvent itself for trends in later generations while also ralllying nostalgia in old fans. I mean beast wars looked similar to popular kids tv show reboot and like ps1 era video games, armada had gotta catch em all like tagline witch was a little pokemon like, animated in its art style could be compared to Ben 10 or clone wars and live action and prime fit neatly next to current live action takes on all things super hero or comic book.

I think it would be cool to continue if idw did a season 4 proper as there are alot of storylines that could get very interesting if continued. I would love to see zarak and galvertron fued continuing and maybe the quintesson who repaired prime having left a few booby traps in prime to keep manipulating him from afar. who knows

14. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    TMNT. It took over the TF time-slot shortly after the rebirth and it was GONE.

15. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    yeah i think it was because of the futer cars it was taken away from earth they took out optimusprime and bb didnt get as much atention

and the changeing of the human characters season 3 didnt help eather

16. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Those are definitely reasons why season three didn't appeal to me as much as the previous two. I think though season four would've been worse as now there's all those Nebulans introduced as well. Too much human stuff is bad enough for TF, so I doubt a load of green 'humans' joining the team would help any. Although looking at the end of The Rebirth it seems to be suggesting that some or all of the Autobot 'Masters would be staying on Nebulos. That 'Together!' line suggests more than just Cerebros staying. Or was the idea of the new series to move everything to Nebulos and have Fort Max essentially be the New Autobot City? So my 'green humans' concern would still stand,
    It would indeed make for an interesting comic mini-series.

17. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I feel if it was just Prime dieing then bringing him back would have saved the series.
    I doubt thats universal.Different markets had been showing the series in different time slots.

18. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say that the TMNT caused the end of the original Transformers series. TMNT didn't start airing five days a week until 1989, and at that point the original Transformers series was already dead.

19. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Season 3 could really be considered a reboot of the series as it was so different from the previous seasons.

From season 2 to season 3:
    • 95% of the season 2 characters were either killed off or relegated to cameo appearances.
    • The new cast turned into futuristic vehicles that were far removed from modern day vehicles.
    • The timeline of the show was shifted from present day to 20 years in the future
    • The primary location was shifted from Earth to Space/Cybertron.
    It's like waking up to find that all the members of the Beatles had all been replaced for no apparent reason, but every now and again one of the original band members would sit in on a recording session.

Between these factors, and an aging viewing audience, it's no surprise that season 4 was cancelled.

20. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Not to mention that TMNT first episode didnt air till December 1987.

The TF show had already fallen out of favor with kids by then