G1 Season 3 on the HUB?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by OptimusPrimeFour, Aug 2, 2011.

1. OptimusPrimeFour

OptimusPrimeFour Autobot Supreme Comander

Do you guys think they will ever put Season 3 on the HUB? So many interesting episodes that could help sell toys. Speaking of toys, MP Rodimus Prime is on it way out to US Toysrus stores all over soon. Now don't you think Hasbro would be smart and say "Hmmmm maybe we should air Season 3 instead of repeating 1 and 2" I'm sure it will increase sales for MP Rodimus considering he has around a $60 price point. Any thoughts???

2. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

I don't think the midnight time slot will help sell anything. Most already know if they want MP Rodimus or not.

Will they ever air season 3? Yes I believe they will... eventually. If the Hub stays around I'm sure they will play everything they have the rights to.

3. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

If I had to guess, I would say that the whole season three thing has to do with the characters that are featured. Season three featured characters like Rodimus Prime, Ultra Magnus, Kup, Galvatron, Cyclonus, and Scourge. Those characters really aren't getting featured in either the live movies or in Transformers Prime. So as long as that's the case, I wouldn't be surprised if season three doesn't get featured on the Hub. And if that does end up being the case, I'm ok with it. I've got the final thirty three episodes on dvd.

4. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    Amen!

5. Sideswipe1954

Sideswipe1954 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Have they ever said why they keep starting over with S1 after S2 ends?

6. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Would have made more sense when Kup, Scourge and Wreck-gar were on shelves. (of course they were in short supply to begin with- don't know if more demand would have helped anything)

It could boost Rodimus sales, but if he's like Grimlock there may not be enough on shelves to begin with.

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I blame the whole Carbombya thing in Season 3. It was so culturally insesitive it made Casey Kasem leave the show.

8. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really doubt it at least not at 5:00 am in the morning.

9. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

They don't show s2 of GI Joe either, which is the post-movie episodes of that show.

They also don't show either movie of either series.

Obviously, whoever's in control of scheduling/programming at the HUB hates the movies and post movie episodes.

Hasbro owns Sunbow nowadays, so they got full control of Sunbow's entire library, which includes the movie and post movie episodes, so them not having broadcasting rights isn't the reason.

10. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

Actually, every episode of the original series took place before the movie. G.I.Joe:The Movie concluded the original series.

11. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM 1989 Turbo Trans AM

Schererville, In guy again. I grew up there and now live in New Elliot just outside of it.

They don't want it getting out that the Quintesson's created the Transformers as it actually makes sense and is plausible.

12. Transfotaku

I mean these episodes:

Season 2

Season 2 featured former WWF and then-current AWA professional wrestler made cartoon hero Sgt. Slaughter, who first appeared in the five-part season-opener Arise, Serpentor, Arise!

The post-Serpentor (which was the movie, I thought? I wasn't a GI Joe kid) introduction, that included "Last Hour to Doomsday" up until "Into Your Tent I Will Silently Creep".

They haven't shown that season 2.

Egg shaped idiots creating TFs from scratch is plausible and makes sense? The Quint origin is full of so many holes, that the the Quintesson homeworld blew up. Twice.

13. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Tell me you're joking? An off-hand reference or two in one or two eps would not make them ban the entire season!!

14. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

Correct, they haven't aired that season of G.I.Joe either. I was just saying that those episodes took place before G.I.Joe the movie, not after.

15. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    It made Casey Kasem angry.......More likely not gonna fly today what they did 25 years ago.

16. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What happened with Carbombya? I didn't see a lot of season 3.

17. Transfotaku

Not ban an entire season, probably, especially since they got the ability to redo the voice over to change it.

But it was enough for Casey Kasem, who is of Arabian decent, to see it as a racial slur and leave.

Oh. Interesting. I thought the GI Joe Movie took place between the seasons like the TF one did. The more you know!

It was in one, maybe two episodes. Everyone seems to have agreed it was a horrible idea (except for a horrible writer in the Legends book) and pretended it never existed, especially after Casey left over it.

18. PrimusVsUnicron

PrimusVsUnicron Well-Known Member

they need to finish season 2 and then show the G1 movie

19. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

I believe Casey Kasem actually had to see the spelling of this country in the script to feel insulted... It doesn't sound like car bomb ya, it sounds like car-bOm -ya.

20. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    Regardless.

It's not stuff that would play in today's day and age. That and the Fact season 3 was wrong about the future.

Like the Soviet Union and the jumpsuits