G1 Season 2

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Transmetal, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Evil Porkchop

Evil Porkchop Pork, the evil white meat

Yep...

2. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Here's the issue.

While its logical to assume that the bulk of the 85 bot's and con's were new arrivals the story just doesnt bear that out.

Anyone remember "Desertion of the Dinobots"????

It was explained that it was millions of years in earths atmosphere that depleted them of Cybertonium.

And the new bot's and Con's were effected by this as well.If they were new to earth they wouldnt have been effected.

3. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

I always thought that they just came from Cybertron to Earth as reinforcements.

4. Evil Porkchop

That was always how I viewed them. But let's be honest we as fans over-analyze stuff like this. Simple thing is new toys were made by Hasbro and the characters needed to show up on screen somehow.

5. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    wasn't there a story where the Decepticons attack the Ark and blow open a previously blocked off part of the ship and that's where the most of the early '85 bots came from? Was that not in the toon though? Maybe a comic book...I'm sure I didn't make it up...

6. Evil Porkchop

Wasn't in the toon, I think it was the comic.

7. Vengeance1701

Vengeance1701 Well-Known Member

Doh....joke fail.

Sorry. I tried to think of a whole group of guys it would have been hard to ignore and...picked the wrong ones.

8. Vengeance1701

Vengeance1701 Well-Known Member

Doh....joke fail.

Sorry. I tried to think of a whole group of guys it would have been hard to ignore and...picked the wrong ones.

9. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I dont think so....sorry.

I know that wasnt in the toon and I'm pretty sure its not from the comic....at least not Marvels US books.

10. ghowildseven

ghowildseven SG Decepticon

I guess that episode blew the whole theory about them coming from Cybertron away.

11. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Optimus Primal and his Maximal crew forgot to pick up a few stasis pods floating in orbit at the end of Beast Wars. They all crashed to Earth shortly after because of the effects of the transwarp wormhole thingy Primal and co used to get home knocked them out of orbit and the pods and TF inside crashed down and spent a few million years being affected by Earth's atmosphere. When the Ark came online and started reviving everyone in MTMTE the pods detected this old Transformer signal and revived the protoforms too. It took all the first season of the G1 show but eventually the lost Transformers found their way to the Ark and fell under Optimus' command. That's where the new characters came from. Probably. :)