G1 Scourge need Help to Identify KO?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Jazz Meister, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Jazz Meister

Jazz Meister Well-Known Member

Help

Just bought this guy on ebay. He has a lot of differences from my other scourge I purchased before the knock off came out. I tried looking on the KO thread but only shows it in the box.

These are the differences I notice the top on the vehicle mode is a blue sticker not paint. The face seems to be a much glossier paint and the eyes look like they have been painted sloppy. The legs are also a cheap looking white paint. There is also a different gray color where the arms connect. The stickers also look new not sure if repo labels applied?

I could use the experts out there to help identify if this is just a different version released or if this is the KO. Thanks

heres the ebay link with pictures

Transformers G1 Scourge 1986 near mint - eBay (item 200520220413 end time Oct-15-10 17:45:42 PDT)

2. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm not an expert but the pics in the auction look like the target master scourge I used to have (not the exact same one but same mold), stickers and all. Perhaps someone else will come along and offer more concrete insight.

3. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    A loose ID guide exists here:

TF315 --- KO ÎÁÒßƪ£¡£¡£¡| ±äÐνð¸Õ×ÛºÏÌÖÂÛÇø - ACTOYSÄ£ÍæÍø - ÖÐÎÄÊÀ½ç×î´óµÄ±äÐνð¸ÕÍøÂçÉçÇø ±äÐνð¸ÕÍæ¾ß,Ö÷Á÷Ä£ÐÍ,Íæ¾ß,¶¯ÂþÍæ¾ß - powered by phpwind.net

It's in Chinese, but all you need to do is look at the comparison images.

Just looking at the Decepticon logos, I think it's a knockoff. But compare the up-close shots to yours to double-check. The only thing that's throwing me off is the rub-sign, but maybe newer waves of the knockoff have it, or maybe the seller removed it from a junker and repasted it.

For future reference, I have a comprehensive list of ID guides here...

Comprehensive G1 Counterfeit / "Knockoff" ID Guide | HIGHENDTFS.COM

4. Jazz Meister

Jazz Meister Well-Known Member

It looks to be a knock off thanks i'll file a claim. It looks as though someone peeled a rub sign off and glued it on it is not straight and one corner looks to be peeled up.

5. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    looking at those photos, i'd say it was a KO also. The stamp was a dead giveaway.:2c: 

6. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Almost certainly a knock off. His pictures are watermarked with a website (hey, that's an eBay policy violation...) where he sells TF KO figures, KO stickers and rubsigns.

txcoincollect used to have literally all the KO figures for sale too, and I would direct you to his feedback to see past auctions, but like any unscrupulous KO seller he makes his feedback private so you can't see that he previously sold a ton of these Scourges.

Last, to show he's indeed scamming buyers, here's a KO ratbat, Transformers G1 Ratbat Complete - eBay (item 190447892335 end time Oct-22-10 14:26:23 PDT), easily identifiable as a KO with the painted screws in tape mode.

Don't forget to out this douchebag by leaving him a negative. :) 

7. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

KO's do have rub-signs, but the one on my Shockwave does not seem to work.

8. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

aren't all the printed stamped hasbro/takara words missing from KO TF toys. that seems like the best evidence if it's a ko toy or liscensed toy.

I personally bought the 2 KO High quality Scourge & Cyclonus toys misb. the toys are pure awesome.

that pic of scourge in the auction looks like the KO Scourge I have. like might gaine said & I agree the rub sign looks like it's fake. most KO rub signs come on a sticker sheet & are not heat sensitive.

honestly that scourge in that auction looks brand new. when was the last time anyone saw a 1986 original scourge looking so brand new like that. especially for that low ending ebay bidding price.

9. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Nope

10. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I reported him.

Why? Well it is my first time EVER doing such a thing but someone needs to speak up. I am no pro on what is a knock off or not so I could easily be dooped into buying a knock off like the OP did. Paying G1 prices for a knock off is heart breaking for any collector.

I think others should do the same. All I reported was that the seller was selling a knock off and selling it off as an original.

Thanx
    Transbot90210