G1 Scourge & his Sweeps, Cyclonus and his Armada.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by doucoo, May 3, 2011.

1. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    Need help with collecting my G1 toys.

The questions are:

How many Cyclonus and Scourge toys should I collect?

But then the spanner in the works is, does the Targetmaster toy count in that equation?

So, say I should collect 3 of Cyclonus, should one be the Targetmaster and the other 2 pre Targetmaster? or should I get 3 Pre Targetmaster and 1 Targetmaster?

Your thoughts?

Been puzzling me for a while.

Thanks for your help, please don't flame as it is a serious question from me.

2. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    I'd say as many as you figure there should be. I think in the toon they actually mention Sweep #7, so that means one TM Scourge, and at least 7 more. Yikes.

As far as Cyclonus' armada? None survived the movie, to the best of my knowledge.

3. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

depends on what ur asking..r u asking how many of each you should have to represent their characters in the show or are u asking how many different versions of the toy were produced...if its the former get ready for a lengthy discussion..:popcorn 

4. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Just get one of each first release and one of each Targetmaster. None of the Sweeps had TM partners anyway. Once you have them in hand the decision on whether to buy multiples will be easier for you. I suppose if you're a variant collector you might want all of them.

If you want to troop build G1, I'd recommend doing Insecticons instead. Much easier on the wallet and space limitations, plus three molds adds more visual interest than two.

5. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:

My question is how many of each, to represent the character per the comicbooks / cartoon?

I already have a boxed Cyclonus & Scourge - non TM. I have a further 3 Scourge and 2 Cyclonus - non TM

6. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    I like the idea of Targetmaster Scourge, with three basic scourge. Targetmaster will represent the head of the pace, while the basics will represent the sweeps.
    Cyclonus was shown being made with ONE member of his "armada", and then he never even showed up. If anything, just get the the one pre-target master as armada, and post-targetmaster as Cyclonus.

7. kaos

people have different opinions on how many of each there were/are...i'll let the experts chime in..i have my own opinion but im also tend to lean towards the cartoon more and first run of the G1 comics..being that there are multiple versions of the transformers timeline just pic one and make it ur own...:popcorn 

8. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I'd add a TM version of each, sell off one of your current Cyclonuses, and call it good.

9. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    I've always seen Cyclonus as being a singular entity, I think the only reason the movie showed more than one was due to a story-boarding error. It always made sense to me from a story-telling POV that Skywarp and T'Cracker became Cyclonus and Scourge respectively (hence the purple and blue colour-schemes) and the Sweeps were mindless duplicates created by the mindless clones of the Insecticons. So get as many Sweeps as you feel you need.
    Despite my opinions, I am perfectly willing to accept others opinions can be tainted by nostalgia, as what we saw / heard / believed when we were six years old tends to have powerful sway over us.

10. kaos

what this guy said^^^^^^^^^^^^:thumbs2: ..i would also add to have at least two cyclonus's..even if its only for the error in the animated movie......

11. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

I another similar thread I mentioned that in "Call of the Primitives" two Sweeps are seen flying towards the Moon, with one reporting to Galvatron "Sweeps 6 and 7 coming in for a strike!". So yeah, 8 Scourges is the current max number IMO.

12. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Everybody keeps questioning the movie, however, there were more episodes of season 3 that showed 1 Cyclonus and Scourge with 3 sweeps. So that's what I did. And just like the cartoon, I didn't do anything to distinguish the Scourge/sweeps from each other, so they just look like 4 of the same toy.

13. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Eh, you'll be fine just having 2 or 3 "Sweeps" alongside a Scourge. My ideal number is 3 Sweeps, 1 Scourge, but that's just my personal thing. Decepticons liked being in 3's.

As far as Cyclonus and his "Armada" go, his "Armada" consisted of one guy for a period of length lasting an entire reformatting scene. I think there were "Armada" character models shown in alt mode at some point, but the whole idea of there being more than one "Cyclonus" never really panned out. You can live happily having only one Cyclonus. A second if you really must have an "Armada".

14. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

1 cyclonus
    1 target master scourge
    2 sweeps

thats a great display

15. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

I always counted 6 sweeps from 5 faces of darkness (including the one that clearly dies over jupiter)