Customs: G1 Sandstorm restoration?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by withprecision, Apr 23, 2011.

1. withprecision

withprecision Well-Known Member

basically the situation is, one of my cousins has given me one of his old figures from when he was a kid, which is a generation one Sandstorm, the orange triple changer guy =] but it's in pretty bad shape- the accessories are missing, there's a couple of cracks on the long orange tail piece so it won't sit properly, the stickers are wrecked, the legs won't lock in place and the peg on the right leg that keeps the wheel in place in chopper mode has snapped off. *takes a breath*
    so yeah, a pretty extensive list of things that need fixing XD but i am a noob of the noobiest order, so do you guys have any advice on this? anyone know where to get spare parts or anything? i would really like to keep as much of the original figure as possible, if that's even realistic, so any advice on how to repair the broken parts without replacing them would be awesome =] but any help would be appreciated =D
    will post photos of the problems tomorrow, i think =]
    cheers!
    -WP

2. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pictures first suggestions later :)  Video even better.

3. withprecision

i think i'll do a video =D sounds like fun. plus, there's a real lack of watchable reviews of this guy on youtube, which is a shame. it's an awesome figure =] so i'll do that soon as i get home tomorrow, and post a link here =] cheers for the idea!

4. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    if im honest id just buy a better condition sandstorm it may in the long run cost less! and as for the decals, use reprolabels.

5. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Kinda takes the fun outta learning how to fix these things though doesn't it?;) 

6. withprecision

ok, i have borrowed a video camera off of my brother after many failed attempts to film with my phone XD will make the video and post it on here as soon as i get five minutes free =] cheers guys!
    and thanks fishdirt, took the words right outa my mouth XD