G1 Rub Soundwave with prerub Buzzsaw??

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by mazdaspeed7, Oct 11, 2012.

1. mazdaspeed7

mazdaspeed7 Autobot Engineer

Ebay:
  2. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The one with pre rub buzzaw has been opened. Mystery solved.

3. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

I don't really see how that could possibly be sealed. Soundwave has his stickers applied and Buzzsaw was not packed backwards that way as if to intentionally show off that it is pre-rub.

4. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

Are they graded as open? or sealed?(i know they can grade loose toys,just not sure if loose in box).That is yet another reason to not trust the AFA.I'd hate to think the price of that and the fact its grade is FUBARed.

5. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    IIRC, the "QUALIFIED" AFA label on the one in question indicates it was graded as opened.

6. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    Although I see the reasons for having MISB g1 Transformers graded, this pretty much proves why it's a waste of money to send opened (MIB) boxes to the AFA to have them graded.

The flaws visible on this one make it obvious it was tampered with, with the AFA even managing to put back Buzzsaw in the wrong position. Nothing to be done about it either, due to the casing having been sealed.

7. mweeuser

mweeuser Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I won't go into my real feelings, but yeah, a slice of how legit it is. Take a look at all the loose graded stuff. Over half I've looked at are completely mismatched. Solid wing seekers with a reinforced cockpit, grey trailer prime with a rub symbol cab, etc, etc. But there is a lot of money in ignorance.

8. mazdaspeed7

Ebay:
    The 1 with the rub sign & sticker is tape sealed both sides & never opened .The other with both figures with the rub sign the tape seal is a bit unstuck but still there & uncut. That puts the theory of AFA not putting them back in the right place out the window. Buzzsaw does look like its has been put in back to front though. Assembly line issue maybe...?

9. lazerface

lazerface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've always thought that the red stickers on the legs were not applied at the factory. I think they came as part of the sticker sheet, so the only way for them to be on there, is if someone bought this and took it out of the box at some point.

10. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime I see the story in your eyes...

I think you're right that the red stickers are not factory applied, but to me here's the dead giveaway:
    That Soundwave has the grey counter sticker applied (by the upper left corner of the tape door). I know for a fact that this sticker comes from the sticker sheet. That Soundwave has been opened, absolutely no question about it.

11. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    Nope, your soundwave has been opened. Stickers applied, buzzsaw facing the wrong way for that soundwave, plus the qualified grade. :thumbs2: 

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  12. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    It says "Qualifed" and "Qualified Scale" printed on the grading label. Pretty clear cut.

Unless their policy has changed, AFA won't grade items sent in for sealed grading, instead returning it in a case without a grading label. Given that, the person who had this graded sent it in specifically for Qualified grading knowing Soundwave had been opened.

13. mazdaspeed7

Ebay:
    Ok, well they did a very good job of tape sealing the box again. AFA didn't think it was tampered with. It's interesting to know what comes on the sticker sheet too. I'm not going to open it up to find out that's for sure. Thanks for your imput guys :) 

14. Malach Ra

News Credits:
    Dude, it has a qualified grade. Opening it will not decrease any kind of value. Stickers have been applied. Common now.....AFA obviously thought it was opened, hence the qualified grade.

15. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
  16. lazerface

lazerface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  17. mazdaspeed7

Ebay:
    There you go, the box must have been apart. I can't see where the tape has been cut, it must be lined up perfectly because it doesnt look cut. I'll have a closer look.

18. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

For sure the one on the left has been opened. Also I love rubbishing on those silly c-bombast AFA. I'll be sure to quote this doozy next time I have a go at them.

19. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    A bit of an aside, but I think it interesting that those red labels were not intended for the legs, but the batteries/weapons, despite the instruction sheet detailing them to be applied on the legs.

20. mazdaspeed7

Ebay:
    Yeh I've noticed a few of you are AFA bashers, that's fine but when you're buying from another country the graded figures usually give a pretty good idea of the condition of it. That 80 Soundwave was pretty cheep & in pretty good condition even if it has been opened.