G1 Rodimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, May 6, 2011.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Have you ever noticed that Rodimus always complains at his leadership always critizing himself i am not worthy i am not capable i should pass the leadership to someone else, Prime didnt had the same responsabilites like me bla bla etc etc. And in the episode The Return Of Optimus Prime, as hes looking at Prime statue " I am not the Leader you ever where and i see you in my dreams" Does Rodimus regrets his decision of becoming leader, and he doesnt wanted to be leader? What you guys think?

2. BlackJackuk

BlackJackuk Well-Known Member

The Rodimus Prime was always doubting himself as a leader but Kup and others did always mention to him that Optimus Prime went through the same thing so I guess its a natural progression through leadership.

But in the cartoon at least (never read the comics) his leadership was short lived! If only The series didn't get canceled, who knows if hot rod would have became leader again.

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's pretty much the basis of his entire character.

4. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Prime went throught that attitude when he 1st became leader like mentioned in the episode The Burden Hardest To Bear. But Prime accepted the fact he was leader fast enough, not like Rody.

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    We never saw Prime in the early days. We don't know how long it took him to get over it.

The comics never had Optimus return in 2006. Future Optimus stayed dead until the timeline was finally rewritten with one where 2005 and the Autobot City massacre never happened. In the alternate timeline, Rodimus became a fine leader who almost brought down Unicron for good, something even Primus failed to do, and he managed even then to imprison Unicron's evil within him. Too bad the prison was flawed and Unicron began to leak out.

Even so, that takes strength of spirit to keep a dark god imprisoned within a mortal body at all.

6. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Rodimus Prime was a great character, but it was over kid's heads at the time. in 3rd grade, I just thought he was a complainer and wished Hot Rod would come back. When he did, all was right with the world, and I was happy. Only as an adult, do I see what they were trying to do with the character. So I guess he was ahead of his time.

7. syclonefs

syclonefs Rogue-Prime

News Credits:
    Rodimus was a good leader. He reminds me of gohan in DBZ. After goku died in the fight with cell Gohan was basically the new leader of the group and he always complained it seemed like that he wasn't good enough for he wished his dad was back or somebody else could do it.

8. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

What were they trying to do with him?

9. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    They were trying to show a hero who was at the start of his career, and still unsure of himself, rather than an unbeatable paladin. They were also trying to make a cartoon for children, so this kind of made it harder.

10. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Did you ever notice that Starscream says "I want to be Decepticon leader"?

11. Silvershot

Silvershot On The Double Dutch Bus TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sure we did - In War Dawn, we saw him right when he was created. He came out, mowed down the Decepticons, and seemed sure of himself from the start.

-Silvershot

12. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

Rodimus Prime was an interesting case in that over the third season, he actually did receive character development over the whole season as opposing to returning everything to status quo at the end of every episode in the previous two seasons, which I think was highly unusual for an 80's cartoon.

The fact that the episode where he is finally shown to mature into the new autobot leader and accept his responsibilities as such is right before the episode where you-know-who comes back and all the delicious character development goes down like a goldfish in the toilet makes it all even more painful and, I have to admit, as awesome as the moment where Optimus Prime comes to life is...it really isn't welcome.

13. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just like Hot Rod did at the end of the movie. He upgraded into Rodimus Prime, kicked Galvatron's skid-plate, then destroyed Unicron using the Matrix. Both Orion Pax and Hot Rod took up the role of Autobot leader during a major crisis, and they both dove right in to sort it out. But when the fighting stopped and some peace resumed, that's when they started to doubt themselves.

14. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^Nevermore, I have to admit, I always look forward to your responses to Wheeljack30's posts. :) 

15. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Why you don't like my threads bro?

16. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^I never said that, don't take it the wrong way. I was just having fun with the discussion.

17. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

If we're talking about the G1 cartoon, you have no bases in fact to make that comment.

We never saw when or how Optimus was handed leadership or how fast he accepted the role in the cartoon.

18. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

But Kup mentions in that episode the same thing happened to Optimus Prime felt the pressure of leadership

19. Hybrid Prime

Hybrid Prime Banned

He should stayed Hot Rod instead of Rodimus or should I say not Optimus

20. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

But Kup never mentioned how long it took Optimus to live with his burden.

So again, theres no bases for your comment that Optimus accepted his role any faster then Rodimus did.